• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Mattyg

Deer rut??

Mattyg

Looking at taking some time off to deer hunt in n November. What’s the best time for the rut?

arvey
1 hour ago, Mattyg said:

Looking at taking some time off to deer hunt in n November. What’s the best time for the rut?

Start at around the 7th , it may very. I shot my buck last year around the 20th bucks where still chasing does then. Good luck.

Mattyg

I'm trying to decide either the first week or second week of November to take off.

hunt or be hunted

I would personally say go for the 12-16th, all my big buck have always been taken after the 11th 

• Like 1

gary44

Every year around remeberance day. The night walkers ( big bucks). Get foolish and show up during light hours this is  a good date to use for the rut.  I have personally used this date and documented for years via trail cameras and kept journals as this being the magic time to be in the stand!  And they show up anytime of the day so pack a lunch and sit sun up to sun down!   I Have shot a lot of big bucks in this time from 11 - 4. When hunters are home!

good luck

Nnev

I've got 3 new bucks cruising by my cameras over the past week and a half. Things are warming up. Hopefully the cool weather this weekend brings them out during the daylight!.

Good luck everyone!

arvey

yes things are starting to heat up I had a spiker maybe 30 yrds. from the blind stomping his foot staring right at the blind. It's beyond me why he wanted to pick a fight with a 308. lol let him go did nail a doe .

Mattyg

Ya I’m off starting Thursday so I’m hoping the bucks are cruising in daylight hours by then!! I have 3 smaller bucks and 2 big guys showing up on the cameras. But so far only one of the smaller ones in daylight. 

hunt or be hunted

The big boys are already cruising daylight hours if ur in the right spots, I stopped hunting them for cruising the rut and hunt them now for their home range and bedding areas and it pays off big time ! 

IMG_7091.PNG

IMG_7090.PNG

• Like 2

RLK

Rattled in this guy yesterday morning.

DSCN1792.JPG

DSCN1791.JPG

• Like 1

jonut13

Finally saw a big boy in daylight yesterday, right around 4:30.  He had other things on his mind and passed by around 60 yards.  Just a little out of my comfort zone for range (bow) and it is a pretty thick area i'm hunting.  Every time I think I have enough shooting lanes cut one surprises me.  Still nice to see .

James01

Bucks are on the move … my hunting partner and I each got a buck within a 10 minute span. We were less than a kilometer apart. My shot was +/- 200 meters, measured with a GPS. So, it took me a bit to get to my deer. As I was making my way through the cut, I heard him shoot. We both had our bucks by 9:00 am, or so.

Then the work started.

As a side note, it was the first non-paper thing I shot with my 7mm-08, and it performed beautifully. In one side, through the heart, and cleanly exited the other side. The buck didn't go far.

IMG_4830.jpg

• Like 1

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

Mossberg81

This guy made a appearance today;) so grateful he finally stepped out during daylight hours!!! 

8A8F4C31-BBA8-47B7-B3CE-B703A0B77366.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Nnev

The bucks were cruising around Sunday for me. I had a few scent sticks going and a spiker came in nose down. 10 minutes later a decent 8 pointer stepped out nose to the ground and eventually made it into the back of the truck. I've had 5 or 6 different bucks on cam for the last few weeks but this one was either camera shy or was wondering aimlessly. 

MetalFishing

Got a nice buck a couple weekends ago and had does on the camera everyday last week then nothing after Friday to now.

Nnev

I went and checked the cam last night and took down my blind. The past two or three days I've had small bucks and a group of two doe and 2 fawn moving around noon

• Like 1

fishman1

Definitely fewer deer and more wolves in my area this year. Many saying the same thing.

James01

Noticed a lot of wolf tracks in 'my' area, including - on a few occasions - the tracks of an entire pack … but managed to fill my second (antlerless) tag - last day of the season. 

European Meats (and cheddar jalapeno sausages), here I come. ;)

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau