• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Some Old Guy

2018/19 Whitefish Lake Ice Conditions.

Some Old Guy

2018/19 Ice Conditions for Whitefish Lake. 

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Tozer807

I was out on Sunday at Whitefish lake to do work on my ice shack, my friend that works at the resort said the lake froze over Thursday evening I also walked out from the main launch a little ways. I'll be going out again Saturday, I'll chop a hole and measure or even drop a line of I deem it actually safe to venture out.

James01

I expected to open this thread and see pictures of people driving on Whitefish … ;)

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

dunnhuntin

I was out on whitefish today. There was 4 to 5 inches of ice out a few hundred feet from the launch. I fished another lake past whitefish that only had 3 inches and saw a few of the bigger lakes still had patches of open water.

Tozer807

Fished Whitefish on Saturday the 17th 150m or so from the main launch Islands ( right hand island ). There was 5 1/4" of black ice.

AmateurHourAngling

Anyone been on the ice in the past few days??

-JADEN

allymeagan

I’m scared to ask...has all the ice disappeared with these temps?

Pound 4 Pound

Anyone been out what are the conditions, ice thickness, sleds, quads, vehicles, and the fishing??

OldWalter

There was 15” as of today with light patchy snow cover. ATV/UTV, trucks or sleds are good to go. Fishing  was slow during the day. Three pike and a bunch of little perch biting for our group of five.

• Like 1

Bnot77

Hey guys im new to the area and whitefish isnt very far from me. Want to go out for walleye, was just wo dering hiw deep you guys are fishing. From what i gather its a fairly shallow lake. Any info is appreciated, happy fishing!

dunnhuntin

Whitefish is mostly the same depth, there isn't really much in the way of structure or depth changes. Your best bet is to find the edge of a weedbed. lots of guys fish close to the boat launch, or near the islands across the lake from the launch.

big_jim

Was out on Whitefish last weekend - measured at least 14" of good ice. Drove my truck out there. got on acouple northerns.

Wondering where the walleye are? someone help a brother out. I wanna go out Sunday with my new hut!

big_jim
1 minute ago, big_jim said:

Was out on Whitefish last weekend - measured at least 14" of good ice. Drove my truck out there. got on acouple northerns.

Wondering where the walleye are? someone help a brother out. I wanna go out Sunday with my new hut!

PS; Ill even take perch of someone knows where they are.

AmateurHourAngling

Whitefish isn’t really too exciting as far as depth and contour go, there are a few depth changes around and you might have some luck by checking on Navionics and using that to get a better understanding of the lake

-JADEN

What are conditions like, slush, snowmobiles only, how has the fishing been planning on going out this week. 

Tozer807

Drove out in trucks from Burandts Resort 4km out to my shack. No pressure ridges to cross with that route. 18inches of ice out in the middle with no slush on the way out. 

• Like 1

jason

Is the public boat launch plowed?

Joe Fish

How's the fishing out at Whitefish Lake? Anybody been recently? 

Thanks.

randomheroj

How’s the slush situation on the lake?

saw people driving trucks out there on Saturday,no snow need scrachers fishing was good

fish.jpg

• Like 1