• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

AmateurHourAngling

Silver Harbour Ice Conditions

If I'm going for whitefish, I don't go so far out. My friend and I hammered them one day at the far end of the island on the shore side. Last year was the first year I tried for trout there, i noticed if you were in that 90ft range there were no trout. Its a good walk out, not going to lie to you but eventually you will be on the flats. That's just my experience though. I wanna get out tomorrow, but no chance im pulling a sleigh for trout, did anyone see and sleds out there? Id imagine its pretty safe now

AmateurHourAngling

Will be back out tomorrow if anyone else is going to be out there. Drove by today and saw some people out on the ice (didn’t see any sleds). Anyone from here finding the fish out there? 

-JADEN

AmateurHourAngling

About a dozen groups out here right now, lots of people out far....I have 13” of ice at 2 different spots...haven’t seen any machines but I can hear a few ripping around by the island. 2 herring and a whitefish so far

• Thanks 1

-JADEN

AmateurHourAngling

Few machines buzzin all around now, 2 went past the island straight from the launch 

-JADEN

dunnhuntin

I took the sled out today about a mile straight out from the boat launch then over towards caribou island. 12-13 inches of clear ice everywhere I went but there were a few slushy spots to avoid around the pressure ridges.

• Thanks 1

AmateurHourAngling

will be going out tomorrow if anyone wants to join, looking for around 9:30ish at the launch and just walking out for some whitefish and maybe some lakers if I feel like making the walk

• Like 1

-JADEN

tbayfinn

Thinking of heading out from Amethyst Harbour by sled and fishing near Caribou island. Any update on ice ridges and slush conditions? 

walleye warrior

I’m looking to try Silver Harbour this week, just wondering what everyone is using for Whitefish and Herring and what depths to start fishing. Thanks in advance!

Zackcorbin1401
On 2/15/2019 at 11:26 AM, tbayfinn said:

Thinking of heading out from Amethyst Harbour by sled and fishing near Caribou island. Any update on ice ridges and slush conditions? 

Was by caribou last 3 days, I didn’t see any ice ridges, around the island was fairly rough ice didn’t make for a fun ride so kinda stayed away from that area.

Zackcorbin1401
13 hours ago, walleye warrior said:

I’m looking to try Silver Harbour this week, just wondering what everyone is using for Whitefish and Herring and what depths to start fishing. Thanks in advance!

I’ve caught whitefish at silver harbour in 15 feet and I’ve caught them in 60ft. The Williams ice jig is a good one or small tubes and spoons work good also

Finn

Hi I’m wondering how the ice fishing has been in front of silver harbour 

AmateurHourAngling
5 minutes ago, Finn said:

Hi I’m wondering how the ice fishing has been in front of silver harbour 

Different every day!

• Thanks 1

-JADEN

ottoman82

I walked out roughly 1-2km today.  I marked about 8 fish and brought 2 lake trout topside. They would come up for a look but took lots to convince them to strike.  I was out saturday about 500m or so from the landing and was getting whitefish and herring.  

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AmateurHourAngling

Will be out tomorrow with a few people, black/grey Rapala tent if anyone wants to come say hi

Cheers!

-JADEN

Fisher guy

Hey does any body fish out there with a boat say late spring early summer and any other  species 

AmateurHourAngling

Was out yesterday, 2 lakers and 1 whitefish on the ice and one laker lost at the hole 

-JADEN

45 minutes ago, AmateurHourAngling said:

Was out yesterday, 2 lakers and 1 whitefish on the ice and one laker lost at the hole 

Those whitefish in thunder bay seem to be super picky. Even further down at bays end, lots of them coming in, hard to get them to hit

AmateurHourAngling
21 hours ago, 2112 said:

Those whitefish in thunder bay seem to be super picky. Even further down at bays end, lots of them coming in, hard to get them to hit

Yea I’ve noticed that too

-JADEN

MetalFishing
On 3/10/2019 at 6:39 PM, 2112 said:

Few seasons back my buddy caught his limit of whitefish at the end of the bay. He took a couple buddies out the next day, saw a massive school of them on the camera, said it almost looked like there wasn't water and only landed one.

Weekend coaster

All fish,(lakers, steelhead, whitefish, herring, etc) are all gorging themselves on smelts right now .( I remember from a few years  back literally seeing a small pack of smelts through my hole and suddenly flee the area as a steelhead chased them) With that being said it can either be feast or famine as some days all fish will be voracious when in feeding frenzy mode or very finicky as the fish will be either full from the smelts or very picky about what they wish to hit

Tipup

Just wondering if anyone has been out to the caribou island/sleeping giant area this weekend. Just wondering how the ice is looking haven't been out in a couple weeks. Thanks

ottoman82

How is the ice conditions out there lately? 

Fishog

A couple of guys out from the landing this morning that walked out. No snow on the ice. Looks like one very large skating rink.

MAX_0015.jpg

MAX_0017.jpg

SnapShot1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AmateurHourAngling

Out by the ridge there’s still about a foot and a half of actual hard ice as of noon today 

• Thanks 1

-JADEN

RickRaw
25 minutes ago, AmateurHourAngling said:

Out by the ridge there’s still about a foot and a half of actual hard ice as of noon today 

But are there any fish?!

• Haha 1