• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
klatown

Bay’s end

AmateurHourAngling

Also interested to know how the ice is 👍🏽

-JADEN

AmateurHourAngling

I’ve heard that a few people were out and got into some steelhead while fishing for whitefish. Cannot confirm any truths to that as I heard down the line of other people. Anyone else been out?

-JADEN

I saw on the ice chart it has entered "medium ice" only today but still feels early.

brookiebuster

People I know have been fishing there for 2 weeks or so. Action looked good, not sure on ice conditions enough for a sled.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

jason

Where is this Bays end located?  How do you get there?  If it’s a big secret PM me lol. 

Parking is too limited for people to give away the access lol

• Like 2

AmateurHourAngling

How is the ice in terms of sleds? Heard too many different stories, any credible info would be appreciated!

-JADEN

AmateurHourAngling

Heading out tomorrow morning, taking the sled down the trail and will check it out before headout, weather i’ll be walking or sledding on 

• Like 1

-JADEN

I went out today, lots of ice but I don't know for how far out. We went at least 500m out and it was more than 10". Lot of herring up high but not to much else came to look. Fished 28ft for whitefish with no luck. 

AmateurHourAngling

Out right now, 1.3km as per Navionics and measured 12” before the ridge. Haven’t gone over it yet.

-JADEN

klatown

Interesting, was out at little trout recently and didn’t seem to be many smelt either

JohnZ
17 hours ago, klatown said:

Interesting, was out at little trout recently and didn’t seem to be many smelt either

Yea we weren’t sure what was going on.   Around 4pm we started seeing smelt on the flashers. We were in 26-28 feet, last year they were all over all day. 

tbayfinn
On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 2:12 PM, jason said:

Where is this Bays end located?  How do you get there?  If it’s a big secret PM me lol. 

lol drive down Highway 587 just before Pass Lake and you will see where everyone tries to park. Winter parking around there is a safety hazard in my opinion between people fishing on Pass Lake and those sledding down Sare Rd. to Lake Superior. Hopefully the MTO widens out the road there someday. 

• Like 1

AmateurHourAngling
4 hours ago, tbayfinn said:

lol drive down Highway 587 just before Pass Lake and you will see where everyone tries to park. Winter parking around there is a safety hazard in my opinion between people fishing on Pass Lake and those sledding down Sare Rd. to Lake Superior. Hopefully the MTO widens out the road there someday. 

Yes and be careful how you position your truck if you park on the road opening part, I’ve heard quite a few stories of multiple people coming back to their vehicles and finding that their truck has a smashed up front end from people flying around the corner and then taking off. Fishing’s been hit or miss! Tight lines!

-JADEN

Went out today, good foot of ice but I didn't go out farther then where most people were obviously fishing. Ice was less platey than last time. What was most exciting was catching my very first rainbow under the ice. What a thrill, thing just hammered it. Once I got it up on the ice, in all the thrashing it broke the eye ring! Luckily it was already landed. Waves of herring are steady if you jig lots. No whitefish though (my target), thought I had one but it was just a deep water herring. Fished 30ft. 

• Like 1

Mattyice

I thought Sare Road was a private driveway?  Saw a gate with a "no trespassing" sign on it and I just assumed that there was a path off of the one  going to Sleeping Giant that you had to go down.

tbayfinn
On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 6:29 PM, Mattyice said:

I thought Sare Road was a private driveway?  Saw a gate with a "no trespassing" sign on it and I just assumed that there was a path off of the one  going to Sleeping Giant that you had to go down.

The purple area in the image is one big private lot (Vigars property) with the house at the end of the road. Sleeping Giant Provincial Park land to the east and south (no motorized vehicles). I believe that the owner only puts up with snowmobiles accessing the lake in the winter but maybe someone else knows the "official" word.....

Vigars.jpg

Open to snow mobiles as long as it's respected. The sign says no ATVs. If garbage and a ripped up road begin showing up im not sure if he can actually shut it down or not. Just respect the access the access as always.

Trout Wrangler

Hows the ice?

I left it covered in whitefish blood. Did you mean thickness? Oh! Well thats about 2.5 ft. Sares will probably be down to stone soon though because some wanker tore it all up on an ATV.

Anyone going out to Bays End be cautious of the 6 foot hole in the middle of the ice. Looks like ground water bubbling up as there are actually bubbles pulsing up. Ice all around it was getting quite dark. Zoom in on photo and you will see it. Stay alert, Stay safe! 

20190406_140125.jpg