• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hank

Plow truck question

hank

I have a 2006 GMC sierra 1500 HD. When I head out to Lac. on the hwy. I loose heat in the truck. It sounds like the fan is turning all the time. Is the plow forcing too much air into the engine? Any advice to a fix? Everything is fine without the plow.

Some Old Guy

Hi hank. 

I used to plow quite a bit. I have had the engine get too hot because the plow was interfering with airflow. So I had to drive around with the blade low to let the airflow. I ended up putting a 4 core rad in and that issue was solved. 

The only things I can think of is your coolant is too low and/or your thermostat is pinged into fail safe mode. 

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

hank

Thanks for your comment. The coolant is fine. Strange thing is , the ambient air temp. also reads up to 40c. does that sensor affect the climate control in the cab, and if so can it be moved?