• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Trout05

Little trout

Trout05

Any one bin out to little trout bay are know if there is any ice out there

Troutstanding

12" of ice today. Went about half-way across the bay Saturday when there was 8". Marked fish but it was a relatively slow bite overall

Trout05

Thanks for the ice info might try next week did you happen to hook into any trout

ottoman82

I'd like to try out Little Trout Bay but I would be on foot.  Is it worth the drive and is it possible to hook into lakers on foot? 

Cheers

Nnev

I was out the week before the snow and there was solid black 14 inches of ice as far as  you can see. Not sure what it looks like after the snow. We walked out just past the opening to cloud bay and hooked into 1 laker in a short time.

• Thanks 1

tbayfinn
On 2/15/2019 at 10:06 PM, Smylin Pupil said:

Has anyone been out this week?

18" of soild ice out past McKellar point and no slush. Over a dozen trucks parked at the boat launch. We didnt see any fish though...

walleye warrior

I’m looking to head out to LTB this week. Just curious what everyone is using for Whitefish and how deep to set up in? Thanks in advance!!

Zackcorbin1401

Just got back from little trout was a little slow today lots of marks racing in and not striking. Landed 3 lost 2 more lakers.No whitefish

ottoman82

Went out wednesday for my first time out to Little Trout Bay.  Marked 4, lost one and landed one.  A good day in my books 🙂

20190220_123813.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

JGriffin
32 minutes ago, ottoman82 said:

Went out wednesday for my first time out to Little Trout Bay.  Marked 4, lost one and landed one.  A good day in my books 🙂

20190220_123813.jpg

Nice fish man! How far did you walk out? Lol I've been skunked there twice now this season. But nice one.

ottoman82
1 minute ago, JGriffin said:

Nice fish man! How far did you walk out? Lol I've been skunked there twice now this season. But nice one.

I walked out roughly 1km to the center of the bay.  Check the navionics app, there is an underwater point that jets out into deeper water.    Last mark on my screen marked twice as big as this fish did.  

• Thanks 1

JGriffin
13 minutes ago, ottoman82 said:

I walked out roughly 1km to the center of the bay.  Check the navionics app, there is an underwater point that jets out into deeper water.    Last mark on my screen marked twice as big as this fish did.  

Right on good to know. Thanks for the tip.

Smylin Pupil

Might be a stupid question but what’s everyone using to taget lakers?

Zackcorbin1401

Vibrato is my #1 go to, larger Swedish pimples work good also the larger size Williams ice jig gold/silver worked well.

B05B270D-AEDA-44C1-BAD6-0C6B0E47F425.jpeg

• Like 2

ottoman82

Has anyone been out today after all the wind and snow?  I'm looking to walk out tomorrow (tuesday).  Hopefully the snow isn't too deep.

Cheers

ottoman82
On 2/27/2019 at 1:06 AM, Trout05 said:

Did you happen to go out Tuesday how was the snow n ice?

I did make it out.  The snow isn't that bad.  It is under 1 foot but is hard packed on top.  My guess was the freezing rain and winds helped out a bit.  I walked out to the center of the bay and stayed mostly on the skidoo tracks.  I measured 18" of ice. 

Cheers

Zackcorbin1401

i was out yesterday and there was about a foot of snow, some hard packed and some was fluff. only about 1 cm of slush under the snow. we hooked into 6 lakers landed 3 all about 5lbs

BMAN84

Zack how far you walk out? Looking to go tomorrow. 

Zackcorbin1401

A couple km.

tbayfinn

Solid refrozen ice surface in the bay, but open water now at the point. 3 small lakers today, great eating!

20190317_145214.jpg

20190317_135620.jpg

ottoman82
On 3/17/2019 at 7:23 PM, tbayfinn said:

Solid refrozen ice surface in the bay, but open water now at the point. 3 small lakers today, great eating!

20190317_145214.jpg

20190317_135620.jpg

What is the depth of the ice?  Wondering if I need an auger extension? Looking to get out this week one last time.  

Cheers