• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Tomcats

what's Wolf River conditions like for fishing

Tomcats

Good day I'm wondering what's Wolf River conditions for fishing this year please if anyone knows please post pictures thanks. I can't wait to fish there.

There are better rivers to get excited about than the Wolf. Keep your options open ive wasted many an afternoon on that river. Thats just my experience though.

• Confused 1

Tomcats

I like wolf river I cought salmon there two years ago and the lake I cought perch.   What's a good river  to recommend that's not too far away to fish to catch trout or salmon. I also like the kam going up into little dog lake.

• Like 1

JohnZ

I’ve caught pink salmon, rainbow trout and brook trout out of Wolf River.. other than that don’t know much about it. 

• Thanks 1

Zackcorbin1401
19 hours ago, Tomcats said:

Good day I'm wondering what's Wolf River conditions for fishing this year please if anyone knows please post pictures thanks. I can't wait to fish there.

currently ice!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tomcats
22 hours ago, 2112 said:

There are better rivers to get excited about than the Wolf. Keep your options open ive wasted many an afternoon on that river. Thats just my experience though.

It don't matter where you go it can be a hit and miss.  Just keep casting til you get that big one to hit.  Which rivers where you talking about that are better? 

Oh there are for sure fish in there, but when I got into river fishing for a few season when i first moved here I liked gravel, jackpine (the one that goes into kama.. I think that's what it was called. For wolf though, when I do go I go down by the old CN bridge. There's a big pool. I am also pretty sure the salmon run the Wolf earlier than other rivers so keep that in mind

• Thanks 1

scandiman
On 3/28/2019 at 3:20 PM, 2112 said:

Oh there are for sure fish in there, but when I got into river fishing for a few season when i first moved here I liked gravel, jackpine (the one that goes into kama.. I think that's what it was called. For wolf though, when I do go I go down by the old CN bridge. There's a big pool. I am also pretty sure the salmon run the Wolf earlier than other rivers so keep that in mind

Actually they run, at least in my experience, a little later than most. Stands to reason as the water temps in black bay are warmer than anywhere else on the big lake.

Zackcorbin1401

i checked out wolf the other day and was barley any water flowing had one sliver open from the weir to the highway.

Zackcorbin1401
1 hour ago, Xorou said:

And now wild one is even more toxic. We could've enjoyed salmon fishing in clear waters and now it's come to this. This article does a good job explaining why destroying a natural habitat of some animal is dangerous: http://allfurloveanimalsociety.org It's time to make our seas and lakes clean again.

what exactly does this have do to with wolf river? What habitat are we destroying?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xorou said:

And now wild one is even more toxic. We could've enjoyed salmon fishing in clear waters and now it's come to this. This article does a good job explaining why destroying a natural habitat of some animal is dangerous: http://allfurloveanimalsociety.org It's time to make our seas and lakes clean again.

Wow great articles! Im convinced. Where do i sign up? 

bin fishin lots

Anyone been that way lately? Wondering if coldwater is flowing as well? Black sturge?

therealfndeal

Black sturgeon is still nothing but ice at the bridge 

Hurketthunter

I was at the wolf today and it’s flowing pretty good. I didn’t wet a line but there were a couple guys setting up to try when I left. 

Hurketthunter

Big Guy

I was at the wolf today.  It's flowing full bore now.  Quite high and dirty.  Saw a few fish surface..  You can get in above the highway, a few deep spots of snow still, the first rail bridge below the highway is accessible and the old rail bed into the second bridge is manageable with 4wd.  If you head in to hurkett cove, there's an abandoned snowmobile in the middle of the road.

Big Guy

I assume since I was there last Thursday, not much has changed.

brookiebuster

High and dirty. Lots of logs flowing down river as well 

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

Went and checked out wolf today.. Don't tell CN I was on their bridge!! Didn't see any fish and as is tradition, I caught no fish. Went up river from CN bridge. Didn't see any suckers either.. Just me!

oyo

I hate driving out on that road in reverse lol 

• Haha 1

Macbook10

does anyone know any streams or small river to fish for small rookies on flies around here please help m out! thanks