• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

walleye warrior

Salmon

walleye warrior

Anyone Salmon fished LTB or that way this year? Just wondering if anyone had any luck down that way. Also curious about outside the break wall and Silver Harbour as well. Thanks

Jayfishin

Picked up one salmon last Sunday not far out from the marina fishing the debris / mud line. Haven’t been to LTB yet but soon

Spectre

Was out there last weekend. Caught 5 trout, no Salmons. Water temp was only 44 degrees, so probably still a bit cold...

Thefishleclair

Was out in Silver Harbour area Wednesday, Temp was 58 pretty much wherever we went. 1 salmon 3 lakers caught.

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

moriarty

Nothing but Lakers and a few Rainbow. Been fishing the area since before May Long and no salmon yet. Caught a speck and a splake very close to shore at the beginning of the month as well.

Junior

I was out today in Black Bay. Lots of trout and 1 salmon in the boat. We also missed 1 salmon right at the boat as it spit the hook.

All fish were over 6 lbs.

Salmon are starting to come in now. I also know of guys catching them in the bay in front of the marina.

Superiormobile

Out in the bay today.4 salmon one around 5 lbs 1 rainbow and a few lakers. all in all a good day

Kory

Are you guys down rigging for salmon or trolling with Cleo’s? 

Kaptain Kirk

I was out yesterday in black bay lots of trout. Temperature is 50 plus, but no salmon 

Noah santorelli

Went out Saturday Got one salmon in the boat almost 6 pounds, lost a few that were for sure salmon as they were stripping line and 12 lake trout 

Barrski

Three salmon and two misses this morning out of the marina

bite shut down at 8:30 

water temps 55 surface 

• Like 1

moriarty
On 6/22/2019 at 6:09 PM, Superiormobile said:

Out in the bay today.4 salmon one around 5 lbs 1 rainbow and a few lakers. all in all a good day

LTB or Black Bay?

Superiormobile

Downrigging out past the Welcome Island

Barrski

Slow bite yesterday after all that wind stirring things up

One small salmon and a miss, Out of the  Thunder Bay Marina 

Lots of lake trout 

fishman1

Silver harbour to Mckenzie, 1 trout no salmon 

walleye warrior

Fished LTB this morning. Surface temps anywhere from 49-55. 8 lake trout, 0

Salmon.

Spectre

Seen a lot of this on the graph but nothing was too interested...

Screenshot_20190629-165929.png

walleye warrior

Fished LTB again last evening. 1 salmon 25ft down on a dipsy and 1 lake trout. Surface temp dropped to 45-46 with the change in wind direction.

fishman1

At Mckenzie, few days ago water was 54, it was 64 today, fished 2 hours, 4 trout.

Thefishleclair

Out last night. Water temps was in the 60’s. Fished from Silver Harbour to Caribou island. Just lakers. 

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Kaptain Kirk

I fished Saturday at marina to and around welcomes and back lakers and more lakers. Monday we fished silver harbour all we got was lakers again. I been out 4 times now, no salmon yet. 

moriarty

Caught a nice rainbow tonight and a few Lakers. Was out from 6-10 pm. Last few days have been nothing but lake trout. Trying everything but no salmon. None of the neighbours/locals I've talked to have been catching any either. Hopefully soon. I got excited when I read ww's post, but I ain't got those kind of skills :)

fishman1
6 minutes ago, moriarty said:

Caught a nice rainbow tonight and a few Lakers. Was out from 6-10 pm. Last few days have been nothing but lake trout. Trying everything but no salmon. None of the neighbours/locals I've talked to have been catching any either. Hopefully soon. I got excited when I read ww's post, but I ain't got those kind of skills :)

Not a lot of skill involved in down rigging, put the lures down, wash the paint off them like the rest of us.

moriarty
12 minutes ago, fishman1 said:

Not a lot of skill involved in down rigging, put the lures down, wash the paint off them like the rest of us.

Well speed, angles, structure, temperatures, currents, lure selection also come in to play, and can be the difference between coming home empty handed, or with a cooler full of fish. But if you drive around on the water for hours on end, you're bound to pull up something.

• Like 1

fishman1
10 hours ago, moriarty said:

Well speed, angles, structure, temperatures, currents, lure selection also come in to play, and can be the difference between coming home empty handed, or with a cooler full of fish. But if you drive around on the water for hours on end, you're bound to pull up something.

Salmon are eating machines , they will eat your truck keys, it's really not so technical, don't kid yourself.