• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Truenorth

Nocturnal deer ??

Truenorth

Just curious if anyone has some tips and tricks to change the patterns of nocturnal deer to start coming out in the daylight ?. Heard of walking out whenever the deer are coming in, but I dont really want to be getting up at 3 am every night and going for a walk lol

hunt or be hunted

Find their bedding areas, that’s what I do and it’s always works, they will at some always move in daylight either going to or moving from their beds.  Or u can find then bedded and shot them in their bed, which I have done 3 times in the last 5 yrs, takes some serious foot walking to find their daytime beds and hide outs but the pay offs can be huge !!!! 

• Like 2

Mr. Canoehead

If we get some colder temps they will need to start getting up more often to feed. So they should switch at some point soon to being bedded closer to feeding areas. Like really close.  In my case I put out a bunch of crab apples last weekend and set up a new spot. I am confident there will be daytime visitors to that attraction if we get some good cold weather. Hopefully a nice doe.

Also, if you have been hunting the same spot many times this season the deer may have you patterned. Good luck.

AB

Deer are on the move 24 hours a day.

They don't really go nocturnal. They learn where they can go and be undisturbed during daylight hours and where they can only safely venture after dark.

Although you might be doing your best not to get patterned by the deer in the area you are hunting there are other factors in play that you have no control over. In many cases you likely aren't even aware of what is going on out in the area 24 hours a day. Other predators, 2 and 4 legged, even persons using the bush involved in non hunting activities affect deer perception of pressure.

Its actually a great time to go and walk the bush to see what the deer are doing. Pack up a load of good grub and fluids, dress for slow, SLOW going, play wind and follow the freshest set of tracks you can find and get a better understanding of how the deer are using the area you are hunting in.

With snow on the ground its a great time to try and figure out what is affecting the deer in your area.

Good Luck, shoot straight!

AB

• Like 2