• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Casebook

Little Trout Bay

Casebook
20 hours ago, MC_Hookset said:

Still open water from the dock out as of yesterday

Thanks!

Online Fisher

The LRCA had a pic today on Facebook.  Image may contain: ocean, sky, outdoor, water and nature 

ottoman82

I was curious if anyone has been out to Little Trout Bay and might have info on the current conditions?  

Cheers 

Mitchlind825

Frozen to the peninsula on satellite imagery but probably not safe yet. Large sheets break off frequently in this area. Can't say either way though. Planet explorer is a free daily satellite imagery site for those interested. 14 day trials but useful tool. 

mmadge

anyone get out to check on conditions over the weekend? wondering if the cold temps locked the ice in at all.

• Like 1

JGriffin

Has anyone been out to ltb recently? Wondering how conditions are? Thanks

Fishog

Not much ice this year. This was yesterday Feb. 7th. Just went to check for ice fishing but looks like this year will not happen unless your real good at jumping from ice chunk to ice chunk 😉. Looks pretty though. 

• Like 4

Fishog

1798501388_LittleTroutBay2.thumb.jpg.5e5252e0bf124063ca5a4110694b299e.jpg

• Like 3

Bobber Down

Nice! Shows the conditions well. Thanks for posting.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

JGriffin
6 hours ago, Fishog said:

Not much ice this year. This was yesterday Feb. 7th. Just went to check for ice fishing but looks like this year will not happen unless your real good at jumping from ice chunk to ice chunk 😉. Looks pretty though. 

Awesome video! And thanks for the update. Definitely looking rough unfortunately. But your right it looks pretty cool.

bin fishin lots

Season definitely over there. With this wind lately and warm weather probably launch the boat.

bin fishin lots

Only my opinion. Haven't been myself lately. But never froze over properly.  Not safe I dont think.

Fisher guy

What’s the fishing like the sprig guys any body know in trout bay is there walleyes around there. Do I just pull cranks or jig for the trout any advice would be great 

AB

We used to play around in Little Trout out of  14ft tin boat early in the year.

Most of the action was from the mouth of Cloud Bay west into Little Trout pulling jointed rapala's and flutter spoons behind a weight. Everytbing was flatlining in 20 to 30 FOW.

If you hit it right it can be a loy of fun catching 1 to 5lb lakers. This was usually in May after we were done running up and down rivers.

Good Luck,

AB

Trout05

I’ve done good there trolling deep diving raps lots of lakers and usually a salmon are two 

FishinFinn

For those that don’t have a boat, i’ve caught lakers casting from the docks there in May.

Snag???

&

Snag???

&

• Like 1

mmadge
9 hours ago, Snag??? said:

Just got home about hour and a half ago from little trout bay. Surface water temp 36.2   Fahrenheit outside the bay inside out front of boat launch 42.6. Spent 3 hours fishing lost assuming a big laker, flatlining. Then had a blast vertical jigging whitefish on schools smelts in about 27 to 47 foot range, surprised at size of spoons they were hitting. Was totally different day and it sure was fun. Marked lots bait balls at access to bay on the hump 116 feet water.3 other boats out there beside myself.

Wow good to hear someone was having some action, I was out there for a few hours and had one bite but other then that didn't even mark a fish.

Snag???

&

crisop

Nice looking fish. 

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF