• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Mr. Canoehead

How long do you leave your rabbit snares?

Mr. Canoehead

Hey guys, I have never had a problem leaving the rabbit snares out for days. Even after I get them I have kept them whole and frozen with guts in until I want to use them.

Is that a bad isea? Someone was suggesting to me that meat would be contaminated from leaving the guts in. Hmm I never thought that would be a problem since it's always frozen solid when I find it anyways.

What do you guys do? If you always check the next day do you thaw the rabbit and gut it?

James01

I always check the next day, and clean asap … but I don't know that its necessary. Just what I have always done. Not sure what part of frozen guts would contaminate the meat.

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

eyelander

Probably the only time you shouldn't is if it was somehow damaged in it's gut. Using a snare shouldn't cause any gut problems though. A bud of mine snared one around the gut one time somehow but it was still alive when he checked the snare so no problem.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Thefishleclair

snarin is a good past time. I would clean em soon as I could.  

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

rceme74

If I had to travel to the area to snare, I would check traps every other day. As for cleaning them, straight away. Never had any issues. I was more afraid of loosing a snare, so they were all marked on the GPS. It was fun and good learning for the kids.