• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
walleyewarrior

Bead egg pattern

walleyewarrior

Didn't want to get all the steelhead guys too excited in general fishing so I figured I'd post here.  I've seen lots of guys locally use some sort of bead egg pattern. Ive always used yarn flies but the bead pattern seems to work as good if not better. Easier than tying a yarn fly too.  Any input on this pattern would be appreciated. 

Thefishleclair

Glass bead with a rubber stopper in the middle of it so it will stay above hook. Place it about 1 inch up from hook.  

they sell them at D&R along with the rubber pegs. 8 mm seems to be the right size. 

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

walleyewarrior

Thank you. Appreciate the size info

spindilla1

For a cheaper alternative slide the bead on the lead line and use a tooth pick and cut it off on both sides as a stopper, the wood gives it a free flow sorta flow in the water as well especially if you are using a floating bead.  You can get them online @ centerpinangling.com or I'm sure the D&R has them too but the selection you will get online will be much better.

Also down south the owner of trout candy has many different sizes and colors available even with a sperm finish, I know it sounds gross but it works.  From the great lakes to the pacific the trout and salmon roe looks different and has different colors so the color is important but if fish are biting they inilate beads anywhere, I've even seen some really weird colors work like sky blue.

Thefishleclair

Watch this spring coming, Ill have a bait and system ready to rock and roll, Sky is the limit for colors!

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB