• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Thefishleclair

Moose Tag Changes

scandiman

Knew of the proposed changes; really on the fence about the $200 bull tag/$150 Cow tag cost plus $35 license fee plus $15 initial draw fee. Like the individual draw aspect but I can see a lot of negative feedback relating to the fees.

Foozer

I'm not thrilled with the cost for a tag, but not surprised.

I've paid $50+/yr for the last 5 years (=$250.00+) and no tag.  So now it'll be $15.00 to get in the draw and if I'm pulled it'll be another $35.00 for the license and another $200.00 for the tag.  Still $250.00 for the "opportunity" to hunt.  For those that don't want to get in the draw, but will hunt with someone who has spent for a tag, they'll be spending $35.00 for the license.

If I'm misinterpreting something here let me know. 

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

Buck 120

I agree with the changes.  I don’t mind the application and tag costs. I also think the points system is a good idea to get rid of the people applying that never hunt (ghost tags) and allow hunters that wait many years for tags to get one. What I disagree with is non resident tags for bull are only $470 compared to what many places charge for non resident moose tag fees - Montana is $1250, Wyoming charges $1982, Utah is $1500 and Idaho is a whopping $2100 it is absolutely ridiculous that our resident cost went up 400% and a non residents went up just over 5% THAT IS WRONG!!!

• Like 1

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

RatherBeFishin

Why is a cow tag cheaper than a bull tag ?!?!? 
thought this was a managment strategy. Doesnt sound like it to me ...

the rest is what its is. Dont mind paying extra. But would be nice to see some improvement from it !

• Like 1

115kv

Unless they keep some tags held back for northern residents like the previous system, this will probably result in point creep for the better WMU's up here. Hopefully an adult tag doesnt become a once in a lifetime thing.

PajamaSquirrel

Detailed in the proposed changes, northern residents get a +1 onto their point total - not cumulative though, just 1 point onto your total.  It will be interesting to see how things level out over time.  I'm just glad the MNRF listened and didn't institute more restrictive group hunting requirements.

As for the fee structure for tags - watch for prices to rise as government decides they need more funding.