• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Bobber Down

Province bans camping on crown land

Bobber Down

The first step!

The Ford government is extending Ontario’s emergency declaration until at least April 23, and adding several new measures to ban camping on Crown land and make it easier for hospitals to surge capacity.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ford-extends-ontario-s-emergency-covid-19-measures-to-april-23-1.4892140

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Adrian

I can see the reasoning behind this, where people travel out of their own area and camp in another area.  That puts a burden on the area they travelled to.  Whereas if you travelled from  home in Thunder Bay to Whitefish Lake area, for example, to camp on crown land, you are still  going to TBay for your goods and medical help.  There is no change in burden location.  If they would have said no camping on crown land outside of your own hospital and commerce area, may have made  more sense.  But on the other hand, I guess the policing of  a total ban is easier.  Regardless of where we are  or what we are doing this summer, we must be very vigilant about social distancing.  

oyo

So I assume that fishing must be done soon, if you can’t go and camp on your own chances are they don’t want you in the backcountry fishing on your own and potentially using up emergency resources.

fishman1
8 minutes ago, oyo said:

So I assume that fishing must be done soon, if you can’t go and camp on your own chances are they don’t want you in the backcountry fishing on your own and potentially using up emergency resources.

Not many people camp overnight alone, usually with buddies.

again hopefully day trips will be ok, with family members, not your buddies, may be a lot of trucks with 1 occupant. 

But then look at the flat landers from Manitoba flocking to lake of the woods every weekend, it could spread like wildfire, this is what they want to stop.

where do u draw the line?

oyo

On the plus side you won’t see any trailers parked anywhere on crown land this year, too bad you can’t pitch a tent.  Might be interesting to see what happens to the fisheries with a summer of low pressure. 

Bobber Down

There are thousands of people down south who flock to lakes and rivers etc to camp and fish during the summer. That is now called non essential travel. Ford just made it a little clearer by adding the no camping on crown land stipulation. There will be others as time goes on. As oyo stated above I would think there could be a lot of injuries during the summer requiring medical aid which would put additional stress on local resources and put first responders at risk as well. Non essential travel covers a lot of things including fishing day trips. 

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

oyo

See what happens as the rivers open up and people start driving out for steelhead at the hot spots

Thefishleclair

Wonder if this applies to trap cabins?  

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

oyo

Probably okay, it’s like going to your camp if you own it, non essential travel is discouraged not banned at this time 

AB

One thing to keep in mind here is that the Premier and his team are making decisions with a lot of input from and feed back from whatvis observed in southern Ontario.

Steelhead run is already full tilt on and the temperatures are generally warmer down there so camping is not out of the question. 

We are going to keep getting hit with containment measures until such time as the number of people with antibodies from CV19 exposure make up the bulk of the population or a vaccine becomes available. 

The way to defeat a virus is to deprive it of hosts. So control over potental hosts is of utmost importance for the good of all of us.

Its gonna get goofy! But it will pass in time!

AB

pastor norm

To get herd immunity requires somewhere around 95% recovered or vaccinated.  I don't even want to contemplate a future without that vaccination. 

MetalFishing
6 hours ago, fishman1 said:

Not many people camp overnight alone, usually with buddies.

again hopefully day trips will be ok, with family members, not your buddies, may be a lot of trucks with 1 occupant. 

But then look at the flat landers from Manitoba flocking to lake of the woods every weekend, it could spread like wildfire, this is what they want to stop.

where do u draw the line?

Flatlanders is an awesome term hahah

fishman1
19 hours ago, saltandvinegar said:

What a joke.

Why is it a joke? People will gather together.party together.

again yesterday at the Mac, a newer 4 door white Ford pickup, 2 buddies travelling together to steelhead fish.

shame on you!

• Like 1

Wopfisher
6 minutes ago, fishman1 said:

again yesterday at the Mac, a newer 4 door white Ford pickup, 2 buddies travelling together to steelhead fish.

shame on you!

I’ve seen that once or twice this year to always want to say something but who knows if they could live in the same household. I agree with the camping ban tho it sucks for the guys that go camping with there partner or even by themselves but most of the time it’s done in groups everyone just has to suck it up and hope we can get even a month in at the end! 

• Like 1

crisop

Call the health units hotline to report it then worst case they get a fine for

not distancing and best case they are brothers in the same house and they keep fishing. 

if people don’t start distancing or start reporting people who aren’t then we are going to lose everything because of these idiots who won’t  distance

• Like 1

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

fishman1
5 hours ago, crisop said:

not distancing and best case they are brothers in the same house and they keep fishing. 

if people don’t start distancing or start reporting people who aren’t then we are going to lose everything because of these idiots who won’t  distance

I looked but couldn't find the hotline number, can u post it please.

i highly doubt they were brothers or living together, but I may be wrong.

more truckloads at the needing this afternoon. I knew 2  of the guys travelling together, spoke with them, no one seems to give a flying Fargo!

crisop

0D639AE8-8285-4FE3-9313-42D09AF10855.png

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

saltandvinegar
7 hours ago, fishman1 said:

shame on you!

Ya because they aren't afraid. Some people can see that this thing is being blown well out of proportion.

saltandvinegar
7 hours ago, crisop said:

2 hours ago, fishman1 said:

I looked but couldn't find the hotline number, can u post it please.

i highly doubt they were brothers or living together, but I may be wrong.

more truckloads at the needing this afternoon. I knew 2  of the guys travelling together, spoke with them, no one seems to give a flying Fargo!

1 hour ago, crisop said:

0D639AE8-8285-4FE3-9313-42D09AF10855.png

It's really unfortunate to see that so many people are willing to snitch on others. Don't you recall what happened in the Soviet Union?

• Like 1

oyo

love off, my parents lived through communism, comparing a dictatorship with secret police to a public health emergency is rude and ignorant. Sad to see people still think it’s being blown out of proportion given the toll it’s taken on countries. 

Bell end, hope you or one of your loved ones don’t end up intubated.

oyo

Lol, honestly, “Don’t you you recall what happened in the Soviet Union” is pretty much a dead give away that you are illiterate and haven’t left the immediate area ever in your life. 

• Like 1

tbayfinn
24 minutes ago, saltandvinegar said:

Ya because they aren't afraid. Some people can see that this thing is being blown well out of proportion.

Maybe you should pay a visit to a hospital in New York and ask them if they think its being blown out of proportion.... 

MetalFishing
16 minutes ago, oyo said:

Lol, honestly, “Don’t you you recall what happened in the Soviet Union” is pretty much a dead give away that you are illiterate and haven’t left the immediate area ever in your life. 

That’s good isolating haha

saltandvinegar
15 minutes ago, oyo said:

love off, my parents lived through communism, comparing a dictatorship with secret police to a public health emergency is rude and ignorant. Sad to see people still think it’s being blown out of proportion given the toll it’s taken on countries. 

Bell end, hope you or one of your loved ones don’t end up intubated.

14 minutes ago, oyo said:

We'll see if you still think that way when the government uses the fear they've created to try and take away our God given rights.