• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Oksanen93

Kekekuab lake questions

YQT
6 hours ago, Shawn said:

My guess after being advertised on this site the fish population is about to get a lot lower on that lake............................

It frustrated me when the lake has been posted on here a few times over the years. NO, I don't own the lake...... Never said I did !!! But it used to be heaven when not a soul would show up there May Long, or Canada Day or an entire weekend.

Exact reason I don't go there anymore. It was paradise camping on the island and not seeing anyone for 4-5 days. Now people do day trips.  And fish size and population has dropped dramatically, it's very evident. Of course, most ppl take the lunkers and do not think once about putting it back in the lake to reproduce.
Oh well, hopefully the logging road grows back eventually, access is cut off and the next generation will get to enjoy in 40 years and understand what some of us got to enjoy.

On a side note, one of the most beautiful lakes in the area.

DJI_0048.JPG

• Like 1

Wopfisher

Nothing wrong with talking about a lake on here I have plenty of lakes I go to and don’t see people all day and they have come up on here multiple times. anywhere up boreal or by shebandowan you’re going to see people drive a little further and explore some new area there’s a lot better fishing in the area 👍 one lake we go to has over 20 boats stashed there and it’s unusual to catch less then 40 walleye in a day with a few of 25”+ mixed in 

• Like 2

benny18

boats should not be left at the lake especially less than 2 hours from town, if you can get a boat there then you should be able to take it back home. stashing the boats at the landing just makes it more congested . looks like some of the boats there have been sitting there for many years.

• Like 1

James01

Walked into kekekaub bird hunting ... there are over 20 boats stashed there. I was surprised. No birds, but it was a nice fall walk, and it's been a long time since I have been there.

Someone with a trailer emptied their black water tank at the camping spot ... friggin pigs. 

Road was better than I remember it ... until the final hill down to the lake, it is still a mess.

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

Zackcorbin1401
On 6/13/2020 at 7:22 AM, James01 said:

Personally, if I have a lake I want to keep to myself, I don't engage in conversations about it. I certainly don't post about it on this site ... and then complain that people are fishing it.

• Like 1

James01

Is there a point to quoting me Zack?

I was never trying to keep Kekekaub a secret. People are delusional if they think it's a secret lake. Secret lakes don't have 20+ stashed boats. 

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

Snag???

Just means people put a lot more effort to fish there and on bright side you’re next favourite spot the fishing may just be that much better this winter.

mad scientist

Here's the law on caching boats on Crown Land:

Ontario Regulation 161/17 - Occupation of Public Lands

Boats

19. A person is authorized to occupy public lands under section 21.1 of the Act for the purpose of placing a boat, whether a canoe, kayak, motor boat or any other kind of boat, only if the following conditions are met:

1. The boat is placed solely for the purpose of storage associated with a non-commercial activity.

2. The public lands on which the boat is placed are adjacent to a waterway. 

3. The public lands that are occupied are not part of a road, trail, parking lot or boat launch. 

4. The public lands are not located in the area depicted as Part I in the map entitled “Plan of the Boundary of the Boat Cache Program Area”, dated May 4, 2017 and available to the public at the Office of the Surveyor General in Peterborough.

I'm going out to fish. - John 21:3

Zackcorbin1401
On 9/28/2020 at 6:27 PM, James01 said:

Is there a point to quoting me Zack?

I was never trying to keep Kekekaub a secret. People are delusional if they think it's a secret lake. Secret lakes don't have 20+ stashed boats. 

I liked the statement that you made that was all?

Gaulzilla
2 hours ago, mad scientist said:

Here's the law on caching boats on Crown Land:

Ontario Regulation 161/17 - Occupation of Public Lands

Boats

19. A person is authorized to occupy public lands under section 21.1 of the Act for the purpose of placing a boat, whether a canoe, kayak, motor boat or any other kind of boat, only if the following conditions are met:

1. The boat is placed solely for the purpose of storage associated with a non-commercial activity.

2. The public lands on which the boat is placed are adjacent to a waterway. 

3. The public lands that are occupied are not part of a road, trail, parking lot or boat launch. 

4. The public lands are not located in the area depicted as Part I in the map entitled “Plan of the Boundary of the Boat Cache Program Area”, dated May 4, 2017 and available to the public at the Office of the Surveyor General in Peterborough.

Further to the regulation above: http://ontora.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/CrownLandPolicies_PL-3-03-01.pdf.

the wording is a little clearer to me that boat caching on crown land is allowed following the wording of the text, with no time limit, or requirement to attend that boat at any time (the above line of "occupy public lands" always seemed that someone should be there with their boat ie camping ,but they can store their boat away from where they are for the time they are there - and that boat should be removed when they no longer "occupied" that public land).  Anyone is free to place their boat out of the way, and no wording implies that they have given up ownership of that boat.  I would say leave that boat well away from the path and the launch to allow other people easy access.  If someone feels that boat is an eye sore, or in their way, they still do not have any rights to damage that property.   

James01
On 9/30/2020 at 10:55 AM, Zackcorbin1401 said:

I liked the statement that you made that was all?

Thanks ... wasn't sure how to take it without some context.

J

- Henry David Thoreau

Rene

UMM! Some very testy views here. If U leave a boat on some lake be prepared for anything. Some 1 recently stole our boat oars. I guessing a hunter on a Quad cause they weren't under any other boats. Lucky 4 U that we didn't catch u in the ACT. Hope U get good use out of them!

Foz

I was in there once this summer. There was 22 boats at the landing.