• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Big Guy

Cavern Lake

oyo

He went up 527 to fish. He didn’t go up 527 and then across the Dorion cut off of to cavern. That would be a ride.

• Like 1

JGriffin
14 hours ago, Dirty Sanchenz said:

Is the cut off even plowed?? That could be one long ride

Ya I just fished couple of lakes up hwy 527. Didn't do down the cut off.

Big Guy

Last year they didn't seem to start plowing the cutoff until mid January.  They only went in to km 15 or something like that for logging.  From there it was unplowed until the cavern lake turn off.  It will be interesting to see what happens with it this winter.  It made for some great snowmobiling last year.

Fourseasonsangling

Seems that’s what they did this year you can get pretty close then they stopped before cavern rd a ways 

Colep123

dont the powerline guys go threw there and plow crap out?. i went to lost lake beginning of dec and it was all good

Big Guy

Last year Vallard had plowed in from the dorion side up to Cavern lake road and then down cavern lake road, just not sure how far.  From the 527, a logging company had plowed in to the road to Tease lake I believe. 

Zackcorbin1401
1 hour ago, Big Guy said:

Last year Vallard had plowed in from the dorion side up to Cavern lake road and then down cavern lake road, just not sure how far.  From the 527, a logging company had plowed in to the road to Tease lake I believe. 

Manchester roadie the one into tease.

• Like 1

PkdR

Was thinking on trying out Cavern for the first time with the little guy this weekend. I’m pretty sure I figured out how to get in but just wondering if anyone cares to share where to go on the lake? ..Stay close to the launch? ..left, right, across the lake? ..just looking for some action for him basically ..thanks a lot 

Bobber Down

Fish are always on the move. Look for old holes, signs of fishing activity, blood on the ice etc

• Thanks 1

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Zackcorbin1401
12 hours ago, PkdR said:

Was thinking on trying out Cavern for the first time with the little guy this weekend. I’m pretty sure I figured out how to get in but just wondering if anyone cares to share where to go on the lake? ..Stay close to the launch? ..left, right, across the lake? ..just looking for some action for him basically ..thanks a lot 

At a new lake I allways take a look around the lake, look for things that are different. Mabye it’s a tree fallen into the lake or a beaver damn jetting out of the ordinary shoreline, a point ...etc . These spots generally you can find some fish around under the ice

• Thanks 1

Big Guy

I had luck right at the launch, but there were tracks leading across the lake as well.  I'm thinking of trying it tomorrow myself.  Anyone been down the cutoff from 527 past where the plowing stops? I don't have a trail breaking machine just trying to decide if I get a nice long ride to the lake before fishing, or just drive down to dorion and go the easy way.  Last year it seemed no one was riding past the turn off to wolf river falls.

speckmaster

Is the main road from the fish hatchery road plowed to the road to the Cavern turnoff?

Northoman

Someone who was just into Cavern lake said the trail is now posted no trespassing at the creek you have to cross? Has anyone else seen this?

• Like 1

Big Guy

Yes was in there today.  No trespass signs are posted with cameras.  The property apparently sold to 3 brothers from southern Ontario.  I drove in to their camp and asked permission to fish.  Gratefully they allowed me access.

Screenshot_20211016_181639_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg

speckmaster

That’s disappointing. I’ve only been there once, but I know it’s a popular place for some.