• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
poz

Stocking question

poz

So was up 811 today had some time and decided to try a stocked rainbow lake (Amanda) for a couple of hours. Only caught one and definitely not a bow. Anyone have an explanation?  ( I was in the correct lake) Don’t get me wrong happy with the fish but curious 4EFC273A-D713-42B2-AEF1-60C1E2B036C5.thumb.jpeg.22efba7b745d3901359ca7d530555117.jpeg

eyelander

That's surprising, that lake never had brook trout.

Wonder if someone else brought some in illegally,

or accidentally in a minnow bucket.

• Like 1

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

oyo

Double check the maps, a couple of the lakes there are stocked with brook trout, might be a lake mix up or if they are connected by creeks then some swam over. Tarrison Lake has Sp-lake and is before Amanda Lake, maybe you hit that one or they got over somehow.

How did you find the access to Amanda, I drove up 811 to Gillard last summer, but the turn off to those stocked lakes "badger, Amanda, tarrison" looked grown in and rough.

Cheers

poz

Hey Oyo. Ya definitely was Amanda. Been in to the Tarrisons before. The access is good  off of Kenah road. I wondered if a brookie somehow got mixed in with the bows during stocking. 

oyo
2 hours ago, poz said:

Hey Oyo. Ya definitely was Amanda. Been in to the Tarrisons before. The access is good  off of Kenah road. I wondered if a brookie somehow got mixed in with the bows during stocking. 

That would be a solid bet.