• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

poz

Fresh Ice.

Snag???

Tried lower shebandowan yesterday, come to the conclusion until there’s enough snow on the bay water clarity is to good and there isn’t enough deep water to hold fish this early in season. Only got one 16 inch walleye. With one looker, spent 3 hours fishing. 

7995E67A-0BB9-4971-9291-083B46A0FAD3.jpeg

Snag???

Naw my little buddy needs some tlc, it on its 6 or 7 th season. Other one is for cooking on. I have the fatfish 767 3800 btu is enough to -25 temps.@40 fishable sq feet. 5 plus hours on a tank is cheap form of comfort while self isolating, and a good playlist.

Snag???

Amace04

Managed to get out today to 81e with a buddy from about 9am to 130. He caught a baby rainbow.  I got my minnow eaten a few times,  but didn't catch anything.    I could see quite a few in a couple spots on the finder,  but they weren't biting much. 

rmayr
8 hours ago, Amace04 said:

Managed to get out today to 81e with a buddy from about 9am to 130. He caught a baby rainbow.  I got my minnow eaten a few times,  but didn't catch anything.    I could see quite a few in a couple spots on the finder,  but they weren't biting much. 

Fished that lake plenty in the summer over the years so I was debating trying it tomorrow, but after reading how you did I think I will try elsewhere. Already have the sled loaded up and the trail is too narrow to ride into there anyway lol. 

Amace04
On 12/18/2020 at 11:38 PM, rmayr said:

Fished that lake plenty in the summer over the years so I was debating trying it tomorrow, but after reading how you did I think I will try elsewhere. Already have the sled loaded up and the trail is too narrow to ride into there anyway lol. 

I'm not exactly a seasoned veteran at this, so I'd take how I did with a grain of salt.  Like I said, I got a couple bites that I couldn't set, there are fish in there.

Zackcorbin1401
On 12/18/2020 at 11:38 PM, rmayr said:

The trail is wide enough to fit a car down it... not that you could drive a car down it but width wise forsure.

Porkchop21

Went to a stocked speck lake before this storm rolled in. Only fished about 1.5hrs and landed 6, lost another 10 or so at the hole. 8 inches of ice and slush in spots.

151A824D-FB22-4DFB-9DAF-1606578FAA41.jpeg

• Like 4

rmayr
On 12/23/2020 at 2:39 PM, Zackcorbin1401 said:

The trail is wide enough to fit a car down it... not that you could drive a car down it but width wise forsure.

It’s that wide all the way down to the water now? In the past we drove in around the old pit and took another short trail where we parked then walked the remainder in.

rmayr
On 12/23/2020 at 2:18 PM, Amace04 said:

I'm not exactly a seasoned veteran at this, so I'd take how I did with a grain of salt.  Like I said, I got a couple bites that I couldn't set, there are fish in there.

Oh yeah there is definitely fish in there. I’ve never tried the winter bite. I have only ever fished that lake in the summer, but some days have done alright, others not so. Have only ice fished pothole before for those stocked bows.