• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ottoman82

Little Trout Bay Conditions

ottoman82

Has anyone been out to Little Trout Bay? I am curious if it has froze over safely enough yet.  Cheers

Thefishleclair

My pops was out yesterday or day before, Bring a boat!! 

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Zackcorbin1401

Usualy it’s the last place that freezes up... if it freezes at all.

ottoman82

Thanks guys....I guess I'll bust out the floater suite in the kayak haha

Zackcorbin1401

1/2 the bay is still open water. Little bit of ice in front of the docks and to the right.

adam_k

I went for a drive Saturday and there was a skim of Ice on the bay not enough to walk on and my buddy went out Sunday to check and with the winds we had

sat night/sun morn it was gone 

little bit if ice to the right of the dock

not safe yet.

Zackcorbin1401

One time I was there I was fishing on 5” of ice in late jan-February the next day it was wide open the winds take that ice to the main lake.

tbayfinn

LRCA photo from yesterday of Little Trout Bay covered with thin ice and frost flowers.

142532781_1278352992538112_5918954381602383477_o.jpg

• Like 2

KajiFish

Any recent updates on LTB ice conditions?  Guessing this deep freeze has helped a bit... 

Bobber Down

Someone went for a swim while skating.

Beware: little trout bay

Went skating this morning and I fell through up to my waist! No warning no crack in ice no sound. Was able to crawl up . SCARY

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

KMG

How is the fishing out here? I've noticed lots of people have been asking about LTB on this site and also outside of TBF. I always fish Superior East of Thunder Bay, (Bays End/Silver Harbour/Nipigon etc), is it comparable to either of the locations I've mentioned?

ottoman82
1 hour ago, KMG said:

How is the fishing out here? I've noticed lots of people have been asking about LTB on this site and also outside of TBF. I always fish Superior East of Thunder Bay, (Bays End/Silver Harbour/Nipigon etc), is it comparable to either of the locations I've mentioned?

Fishing is decent there.  I have been there 4 times and caught 3 of 4 times.  All lake trout and the biggest I've landed there is 29".  I personally fish Silver Harbor as it's quick access for me and I do well every trip.  Keep safe out there and always check the ice this time of year.

Fishog

rmayr

Copied from the Lakehead Region Conservation Authority:

️PLEASE BE ADVISED: 

It has come to our attention that there is potentially unsafe ice conditions at Little Trout Bay Conservation Area. 

Lake Superior is currently experiencing record-low ice coverage, so if you plan on participating in any activities on the ice such as skating, ice fishing, etc. be sure to wear floatation gear, go with a partner and check the ice thickness before going out on the ice. 

‼️LRCA STAFF DOES NOT MONITOR ICE THICKNESS.

Thank you and please be safe!

Municipality of Neebing

be safe out there!

Grounds Keeper Willie

No it’s still not safe and it’s too unpredictable in warmer conditions like we have had again this winter. I didn’t even trust it last winter. Been maybe 4 days since I went a took a drive to check it and you won’t find me walking out there for some fish if this keeps up.

AGGGH

Snag???

&

Wildcat
15 hours ago, KalebG said:

How’s the ice out at LTB ? 

i was out yesterday just over 2k from landing, it was my first trip out with sled, we drilled holes all the way out checking, the older ice is 16" and it was 7" where we finally stopped, very little snow on the ice. we watched 5 wolves come across the ice in the morning. they where out passed us heading to the islands, that was cool to see.

Fishog

Just went for a drive today as I was bored and no one was out there. Seemed like a nice day but once out walking on the ice that wind just cut right through you. Didn't spend to much time out in the open LOL

P01200400280.jpg

KalebG

The wind is supposed to be even worse tomorrow unfortunately... 30 ish km gusting to 55 from the South / South West. I guess I’ll have to wait for next week.