• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Fishog

Stephens Lake

Fishog

Anyone been in there this winter? Its been years since my last visit there. Looking at google on line maps looks like a lot of cutting has taken place around the lake. Last I heard guys where catching the odd Walleye out of there but that was a few years ago. Any up dates?

Zackcorbin1401

Was stocked last around 9 years ago with splake. If still alive they would be giants, I’ve never been but also heard of walleye.

Snag???

&

rmayr

Some of my friends tried it a few years back (probably 2016ish) and they never caught any splake. I can’t remember if they even caught anything that day. Has anybody caught anything at all in there recently?

Fishog

I think the last time I was out there was around 2014 and I never caught anything. I am out in KB and have heard the locals that live close to the lake fished it pretty hard years back. These are just rumors but some say the locals were going in at night and taking gunny sakes of splake out of there. Could be thats why they have stopped stocking that lake. No hard facts to back that up but its pretty common knowledge around Kakabeka. 

Snag???

&

rmayr

Would be cool if the mnr would start stocking it with something again. I can’t see that happening though.

bin fishin lots

I used to live on Pajamaki rd. Fished it a few times 6ish years ago. Never caught. Also I hear new owners have land locked it down ender rd way. Just went out and fished Bateman, Thunder, and Peridot all in the same day with nothing to brag about. 

rmayr
23 minutes ago, bin fishin lots said:

I used to live on Pajamaki rd. Fished it a few times 6ish years ago. Never caught. Also I hear new owners have land locked it down ender rd way. Just went out and fished Bateman, Thunder, and Peridot all in the same day with nothing to brag about. 

Didn’t even realize it was locked down now, interesting. Hit Thunder a few times myself last year and all we got was ling lol... a ton of small ling. Didn’t bother with Bateman and Peridotite was very slow. Those lakes get hit too hard in the winter that’s for sure. 

Fishog

I fish  Bateman year round and most times I can limit out with pan size. Gone into Gold lake a few times. Never caught anything in there but only fished where old holes where by the island. Fished Thunder and have caught some decent size ones there but that is in the spring after ice out fishing from shore. Hate going into these lakes now in the summer with all the damn ticks in that area. 

rmayr
1 hour ago, Fishog said:

I fish  Bateman year round and most times I can limit out with pan size. Gone into Gold lake a few times. Never caught anything in there but only fished where old holes where by the island. Fished Thunder and have caught some decent size ones there but that is in the spring after ice out fishing from shore. Hate going into these lakes now in the summer with all the damn ticks in that area. 

It’s been a little bit since I’ve fished Bateman but in the past we did get limits of pan size, still tasty! You aren’t kidding about the ticks... used to do some bird hunting up that way and had the misfortune of walking through a tick nest. 100s of babies... disgusting. I haven’t been back in the summer/fall since! Lol