• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Keith bourbon

Smelts

Big Guy

Saw this today.  That doesn't seem encouraging...Screenshot_20220426-051441_Facebook.thumb.jpg.fc04f96bf6edc4d4ec136e537981e074.jpg

Zackcorbin1401

They are just bait for me anyways. I Mabye eat 1 doz a year.

Bobber Down

The Michigan "scientists" that are warning about the synthetic PFAS toxins (not mercury) found in smelts also state that consumption of these toxins "may" suppress your immune system. These "forever chemicals” known as PFAS (they are man made and they don't know where they come from as far as getting into smelts is concerned) and your exposure to these toxic substances "may" increase the risk of severe COVID-19 symptoms and undermine the efficacy of vaccinations.

A retired director of the National Institute for Environmental Health Sciences said that people who've been exposed to high levels of PFAS "may" end up needing additional booster shots of the coronavirus vaccine because of their risk of developing severe Covid-19 symptoms. Another states that what we understand about COVID and PFAS effect on the immune system is that people with higher PFAS levels in their blood are at higher "risk" of immunotoxicity. I "think" the risk is real she states "but" we can’t put definitive numbers on those risks.

So, it seems that if you don't want severe Covid symptons and additional booster shots you should hang up your smelt net if you can't limit yourself to 16 smelts a month.

stupidity.jpg

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Zackcorbin1401
41 minutes ago, Bobber Down said:

The Michigan "scientists" that are warning about the synthetic PFAS toxins (not mercury) found in smelts also state that consumption of these toxins "may" suppress your immune system. These "forever chemicals” known as PFAS (they are man made and they don't know where they come from) and your exposure to these toxic substances "may" increase the risk of severe COVID-19 symptoms and undermine the efficacy of vaccinations.

A retired director of the National Institute for Environmental Health Sciences said that people who've been exposed to high levels of PFAS "may" end up needing additional booster shots of the coronavirus vaccine because of their risk of developing severe Covid-19 symptoms. Another states that what we understand about COVID and PFAS effect on the immune system is that people with higher PFAS levels in their blood are at higher "risk" of immunotoxicity. I "think" the risk is real she states "but" we can’t put definitive numbers on those risks.

So, it seems that if you don't want severe Covid symptons and additional booster shots you should hang up your smelt net if you can't limit yourself to 16 smelts a month.

stupidity.jpg

I believe that is just the stupidity we are worried about at this point. Worlds full of it

Big Guy

My momma always told me I was stupid 😔

j.klister

PFAS are a component of fluorocarbon fishing lines, as one fishing related example of where they are used.  They are also used in ski waxes, and they have been mostly banned there at all levels of racing except the World Cup, where the ban will go into effect next year

Snag???

&

Thefishleclair

Sun of a B!t Ch boys and Gals, I got Dando Loins popin up in my drive way.....Wont be long now!

• Haha 1

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB