• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest pdh

Hows Kenora ?

Guest pdh

Hi guys, this seems like good place to ask, so here goes..... Hows Kenora as far as a place to live ? Thinking of moving the family there and a little worried about a couple of things. Don't mean to offend anyone, but is there a major problem with natives there as far as crime, homelessness, etc.? How about the economy ? I know the forestry industry is in bad shape, but if I guy is willing to work and work hard is there still jobs and opportunity available ?

Any opions or advice appreciated

Thx much PDH

Bear

Hi guys, this seems like good place to ask, so here goes..... Hows Kenora as far as a place to live ? Thinking of moving the family there and a little worried about a couple of things. Don't mean to offend anyone, but is there a major problem with natives there as far as crime, homelessness, etc.? How about the economy ? I know the forestry industry is in bad shape, but if I guy is willing to work and work hard is there still jobs and opportunity available ?

Any opions or advice appreciated

Thx much PDH

First nations people keep to themselves mostly, not all are "bad", lots of good ones. The local police are really trying to reduce crime and are working hard to make Kenora a safe place to live. Like everywhere there are always a group of homeless people who cant seem to find their way. They keep to themselves.

Like all of NW Ontario the forest industry has seen better days. If you are willing to work, there is work here, lots going on here, especially with mining speculation. If you want work, you can find it.

It is a great place to live and to bring up your family, with one of the best lakes in the world at your doorstep.

I will never leave here.

Bear