• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Benji

The yearly controversial thread... steelhead!

Benji

Who’s ready for open water? 

creeks in stanley are opening up so it’s only a matter of time till they’re running

• Like 3

James01
1 minute ago, 2112 said:

Saw two young guns riding bikes with their trout rods friday, dont know where they were going but they had the look of adventure in their eyes.

That's awesome.

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

Thefishleclair

Ah yes. The smell of timmies on the bank and fresh pack of darts always was my fave when waiting for the sun to come up and start my drifting with anticipation of a good ole tug!  

Now that I quit smoking and cannot drink coffee anymore I dont find as much pleasure in steelies. I do go out and chat to others and help out when I can. Maybe Ill where a 6’ flag so any newbies wanting some help I can offer what I know. 

I like promoting the fishing and knowing I may of helped an angler land a fish. My first Steelie was caught from advise from a seasoned vet. Ill never forget it for as long as I live. after that I was on fire fishing Yarn. Ive switched my fishing methods over the years and so far my fave is fly rod.   Nothing like hearing the slap of yer line hitting the rod when ya set the hook! 

Good luck and remember keep it clean and respectful on the banks! And forum. 

• Like 1

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

fishman1

The steelhead thread has been great the last several years after a few bad actors were banned. No more controversy, in fact it’s been a pleasure to follow the thread again.

• Like 1

James01
34 minutes ago, Thefishleclair said:

Ah yes. The smell of timmies on the bank and fresh pack of darts always was my fave when waiting for the sun to come up and start my drifting with anticipation of a good ole tug!  

Now that I quit smoking and cannot drink coffee anymore I dont find as much pleasure in steelies. I do go out and chat to others and help out when I can. Maybe Ill where a 6’ flag so any newbies wanting some help I can offer what I know. 

I like promoting the fishing and knowing I may of helped an angler land a fish. My first Steelie was caught from advise from a seasoned vet. Ill never forget it for as long as I live. after that I was on fire fishing Yarn. Ive switched my fishing methods over the years and so far my fave is fly rod.   Nothing like hearing the slap of yer line hitting the rod when ya set the hook! 

Well, if I see someone wearing a 6 foot flag along the banks of one of the local rivers, I will come ask for advice.

That, or I will walk the other way thinking you're a crazy person. ;)

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

Feldwebel Wolfenstool

I always wait until August....

2006_9_07 Paul's Pix 017.jpg

bin fishin lots

Waters are still locked up pretty good Stanley way. A trickle here and there but still awhile yet. 

Snag???

&

• Like 1

Snag???

&

bin fishin lots

Does anyone here fish trout beads? I've only used roe, dew worms, or yarn flies. In 30 years lol. Thinking about breaking old habits. Haven't seen many local anglers use them. Any tips? I'm mainly a float fisherman,  center pin or spin I use. Also Thinking about picking up some mariboo jigs. Any tips at all would help. Virgin bead fisherman lol. Need my cherry popped.

Thefishleclair

same as bottom bounce or drifting yarn. Bead goes on line. add rubber cork to stop it on the line. tie on a size 4? snell hook slide bead up about 1 “ from hook. hold on! If yer looking for Marabou jig flies follow my page or message me. Ill be offering some for sale in the near future 

• Like 1

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

MetalFishing
7 hours ago, Thefishleclair said:

You’re never too old to start smoking again

• Haha 2

Wopfisher
2 hours ago, bin fishin lots said:

Does anyone here fish trout beads? I've only used roe, dew worms, or yarn flies. In 30 years lol. Thinking about breaking old habits. Haven't seen many local anglers use them. Any tips? I'm mainly a float fisherman,  center pin or spin I use. Also Thinking about picking up some mariboo jigs. Any tips at all would help. Virgin bead fisherman lol. Need my cherry popped.

I prefer trout beads when the water clarity is good they can take a beating and land multiple fish just tie about 1 inch above hook and your good I have used them when the water clarity is poor and haven’t had luck, definitely worth a try! 

bin fishin lots

Well gonna giver a go for sure this spring. Seen a bunch of videos on YouTube but those are southern Ontario anglers. Different great lakes. Superior steel are brutes and very weary to say the least. Tight lines. Thanks for some info. 

Zackcorbin1401

I Mostly just been fishing yarn and beads the last few years I don’t use roe to much unless it’s early early in the season plucking them out of the good old ditch 🤮 

James01

I think my first fish of the season last year was April 22nd, and it was five days to a week earlier than most in my creek (I might have my dates wrong ... basing it off photos). Neebing is always earlier, by a week or two. So, the season is almost upon us. :)

- Henry David Thoreau

Zackcorbin1401

Around April 15-20th last year neebing was spitting out a pile of fish.

James01

Makes sense Zack, and it looks like it may be earlier this year ... Neebing is always the first river to hold fish.

• Thanks 1

- Henry David Thoreau

Thefishleclair

Fitch the Ditch. 

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

The ditch is a gauntlet of death and stress. I hate that ditch, ill say it. Reminds me of growing up in southern ontario all shoulder to shoulder. i assume we are talking the same "ditch". As a terrible steelhead fisherman im going to spend some time casting at river mouths since I just end up snagged float fishing. Drove to the post office in Kam today and saw Strawberry Creek is starting to move at Salmi and Auto. If the secondary and tertiary creeks are moving already I agree itll be an early year. My bet is end of first week of april we start hearing of those neebing fish popping up. Snow in the bush is sooooo low i cant see it keeping these creeks cold for long. Maybe ill catch one this year, but im not holding my breath!

Snag???

&

Fred

What does it matter? Post when they are running. Check out YouTube. They are filming and posting the videos there and nobody seems to say anything about that.