• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Buck 120

Now this is nuts

Buck 120

This is something else. Anyone ever done this? Music kicks rear end too.

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Guest TerryK

This is something else. Anyone ever done this? Music kicks rear end too.

That stuff is easy, except I wouldn't do it as far as those guy did! lol If you think that is tough, try this:

mitch

I'd have to pass either way, thats insane i've seen videos of people bootin accross open water, but that is somethin else!

Buck 120

yeah I saw that one Terry. I was trying to decide whether is was a shallow puddle or actually some depth to that water.

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Guest TerryK

yeah I saw that one Terry. I was trying to decide whether is was a shallow puddle or actually some depth to that water.

The rider is current Supercross star Kevin Windham. That pond is on his ranch and is about 5 feet deep n the middle. The clip is from a video called Terrafirma 4. Theres another good on from a similar vid where 2 riders cross a pond about 500 feet in length. I'll try to find it.

Guest Big Moose

It's actually not that hard just stay on the gas and DON'T let the skis drop in too much and remember to lean to turn, We used to do the open water cross at Loon Lake and also One Island Lake on the sleds when we were younger and braver.Come to think of it I might giver across this spring with the ZR..Never had much luck doing it with bikes,Had to rebuild one CR250 due to not shutting er down in time..('note' water doesn't compress that well in the cylinder)

Guest bestbait

Yup....all you need to know is don't let off the gas and be prepared for the slam up onto the ice once you clear the water. A few years ago had to cross a 200 foot wide open water section to recover a set of minnow traps. I drive a XCR600 with a 1.5 " track. I just kept the front up and the gas matted. Crossed that spot 4 times a day for a week. Risky but what a rush. Hint hit it with speed and accelerate when you make contact with the water. Beware the slight jerk forward as you hit the water. :unsure::o:lol::rolleyes:

Guest canuck

We used to have races back home to see how far you could go on the river and the furthest of course won....they would tie rope and javex jugs to the sleds and shut it off prior to going under and they were then brought out dried off and tried again....some went for a long time...well others over the handle bars and into the water.....used to do this as a kid as well on the lakes and rives back home....what a rush.

Shane

Guest renegade

Those guys are from Kenora. Lake of the Woods. Cool. Maybe I'll try that with the filming. Sen that vid last year. Deb says I'm nuts to want to do that. I figure what's the big deal? Notice those guys like the big triples. Good area for it. Lot's of lake running in winter.

Guest Big Moose

On a day that's smooth like glass out there you could do Caribou.

Check out some of the videos on you tube,Some of these guys go father than I would even think of trying back in the day.