• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

bin fishin lots

Black Sturgeon

bin fishin lots

I see the annual cooler filling is on!

bin fishin lots

Both sides of highway loaded with vehicles. 

IMG_35611.jpg

rmayr

Silly question maybe but what makes this river so popular? I saw a ton of vehicles here maybe 3 or 4 days ago as well. There are lots of other rivers to fish... lol.

speckmaster

Stacked with spawning walleye

Feldwebel Wolfenstool

..Stewards of the Wilderness, protecting the resource in a fish sanctuary for the childrens' Future?  Ya...that's it.  ...but hopefully its those fellas from Nipigon who hand-lift fish over the dam every Spring...

• Like 1

Zackcorbin1401
9 hours ago, rmayr said:

Silly question maybe but what makes this river so popular? I saw a ton of vehicles here maybe 3 or 4 days ago as well. There are lots of other rivers to fish... lol.

The walleye are in there so thick in there you could walk across the river on 10lbers.... 

*year round walleye sanctuary 

• Like 1

rmayr
1 hour ago, Zackcorbin1401 said:

The walleye are in there so thick in there you could walk across the river on 10lbers.... 

*year round walleye sanctuary 

Ahh okay, when I go for walleye I usually hit the lakes more than the rivers, I didn’t even realize they stacked up like that down there.

MetalFishing

It’ll be even more mad come the opener on the 15th

minnow

I thought the Black Sturgeon River was closed year round for walleyes?

• Like 1

bin fishin lots

Lol everyone dancing around the elephant in the room. It's most certainly closed to walleye fishing year round. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

MetalFishing

I thought you could fish it above the dam

rmayr
1 hour ago, MetalFishing said:

I thought you could fish it above the dam

It doesn’t say anything about it being closed above the dam I guess?

7691FF47-311D-4D2F-9D92-A5285B103801.jpeg

Zackcorbin1401
2 hours ago, rmayr said:

It doesn’t say anything about it being closed above the dam I guess?

7691FF47-311D-4D2F-9D92-A5285B103801.jpeg

Above the dam you are good. Below is closed all year for walleye.

fishman1
26 minutes ago, Zackcorbin1401 said:

Above the dam you are good. Below is closed all year for walleye.

Wasn’t closed when I drove by!

• Confused 1

Some Old Guy

1st Nations harvesting rights don’t include the closure of the Black Sturgeon regulations. And other places.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

crazyctr

not enough people fishing there wish they would catch and keep every dam wally in the river 

hbaits.jpg

Shawn

Making the Black Stureon river and lake a sanctuary was another very bad decision brought to us by are wonderful government. Why don’t they just open it up already.I am glad to see those fish being released all winter makes a big difference on population (not)

• Confused 1

forkhorn

I wonder what the OMNR plans/intentions are in regards to Black Bay(black sturgeon) and Nipigon Bay(nipigon river/poly lake). Are Historic levels even possible? I believe their telemetry study was supposed to conclude soon. Having such a large area closed all year round seems extreme.  If anyone has any info links feel free to PM me. I find the lack of transparency about this topic interesting. 

Feldwebel Wolfenstool

I remember that BS Lake was only supposed to be shut down for a 5-Year period.  After that, the typical overwhelming silence about it all from a Ministry that has to be as tight-fisted as possible with all the info they collect and research they do, all on the Public Dime.  Compare them with the MNDM, and you'll wonder what in Hades is actually going on at the MNR...then, they dangle a hint about re-opening.  When? This year?  Ha.  They want to wait until I'm dead first.

• Like 1

Snag???

&

• Like 1

scandiman
On 5/3/2021 at 6:37 PM, crazyctr said:

not enough people fishing there wish they would catch and keep every dam wally in the river 

Why? Because you think that the walleye eat all the perch? C'mon man... do some research. Walleye don't directly compete with perch. Smallmouth bass do and there's a ton of those now.

Walleye and perch have always coexisted in that ecosystem and historically, there were tons of both! What changed over time? Commercial fishing hammered on them for decades until there were literally no perch left, invasive species have moved in, like eurasian ruffe, and everyone keeps all the prime breeding perch on a population that was (is) in recovery. Put that all together and what do you think the outcome will be?

Saying take all the walleye is just ignorance.

• Like 4

Feldwebel Wolfenstool

..we're so far behind in this country, sometimes I want to puke.  Taxpayers squeezed by our government that won't blow your money on ANYTHING other than bullshitting and begging for still more money to take your freedom away...

• Thanks 1

mad scientist
On 5/4/2021 at 10:54 AM, Feldwebel Wolfenstool said:

I remember that BS Lake was only supposed to be shut down for a 5-Year period.  After that, the typical overwhelming silence about it all from a Ministry that has to be as tight-fisted as possible with all the info they collect and research they do, all on the Public Dime.  Compare them with the MNDM, and you'll wonder what in Hades is actually going on at the MNR...then, they dangle a hint about re-opening.  When? This year?  Ha.  They want to wait until I'm dead first.

See pages 28-31:

https://prod-environmental-registry.s3.amazonaws.com/2020-08/FMZ 6 LT amendment - Revised Draft for Consultation July 13 v2.1.pdf

• Like 1

I'm going out to fish. - John 21:3

KalebG

Again... many comments about the impact the walleye are having on our fisheries yet very little mention of the bass population. Bass are much more competitive and predatory then walleye...