• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

bin fishin lots

Black Sturgeon

Joecat
On 5/11/2021 at 10:42 AM, Feldwebel Wolfenstool said:

..we're so far behind in this country, sometimes I want to puke.  Taxpayers squeezed by our government that won't blow your money on ANYTHING other than bullshitting and begging for still more money to take your freedom away...

I sure hope our government never wastes money on a stupid salmon canon lol

• Like 2

Hurketthunter

I’m going to breathe some life into this thread by making an open call for assistance with cleaning up the shore of the river starting at the highway bridge. Myself, my kids and a friend will be at the river this Friday evening after work. Anyone who would like to help is more than welcome to join us. This is a beautiful area that has been turned into a dumping ground and it needs to stop. I hope to see you all out there. 

Hurketthunter

• Like 4

Russ

Sturg walleye is closed year round for a reason lol.... Dont act like you are all environmental scientists, Its for the greater good and health of our fisheries

tbayfinn
On 5/11/2021 at 9:37 AM, scandiman said:

Why? Because you think that the walleye eat all the perch? C'mon man... do some research. Walleye don't directly compete with perch. Smallmouth bass do and there's a ton of those now.

Walleye and perch have always coexisted in that ecosystem and historically, there were tons of both! What changed over time? Commercial fishing hammered on them for decades until there were literally no perch left, invasive species have moved in, like eurasian ruffe, and everyone keeps all the prime breeding perch on a population that was (is) in recovery. Put that all together and what do you think the outcome will be?

Saying take all the walleye is just ignorance.

He is just worried about his precious steelhead being squeezed out of Black Bay by the return of the walleye. 

1 hour ago, tbayfinn said:

He is just worried about his precious steelhead being squeezed out of Black Bay by the return of the walleye. 

Or he could just be right.... 

• Like 2

fishman1
On 5/13/2021 at 10:59 AM, Hurketthunter said:

I’m going to breathe some life into this thread by making an open call for assistance with cleaning up the shore of the river starting at the highway bridge. Myself, my kids and a friend will be at the river this Friday evening after work. Anyone who would like to help is more than welcome to join us. This is a beautiful area that has been turned into a dumping ground and it needs to stop. I hope to see you all out there. 

Hurketthunter

Why would myself or anyone clean up after the pigs that left the garbage?

any idea who it was?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Snag???

&

Summit
15 hours ago, Hurketthunter said:

It was a large group of people so pointing fingers at any individuals is pointless. I’m not interested in assigning blame. I simply wanted to return a beautiful area I spent many days fishing in my youth to how I remembered it. I can see this is a sore spot for you and that’s fine. I was simply asking for assistance from anyone who cared to help. As an update 6 of us showed up that evening and the river was looking much better when finished work. I would like to thank everyone who did come out as you made the job much easier to complete. To answer your original question, we cleaned it up because the attitude you exhibit is how our wild places get destroyed. Saying “well I didn’t make the mess so I won’t clean it up” is not the example I want to set for my kids. 

Hurketthunter

First, THANK YOU Hurketthunter and everyone involved for your time and effort. 

Second, I would like to highlight what I believe could be some of the most important words shared on this forum EVER...

"We cleaned it up because the attitude you exhibit is how our wild places get destroyed. Saying “well I didn’t make the mess so I won’t clean it up” is not the example I want to set for my kids."

Thanks again!

-Summit

• Like 4

fishman1

We all know who it was, but heaven forbid we use the N word! 
stewards of the land?

ban me for the comment, truth hurts!

Hurketthunter

I get your here looking for an argument. You see native people as the problem. And I’m here to tell the truth. I see the same littering, don’t give a sh!t attitude from white people and I spend time cleaning up after them as well. People who want to do nothing except point the finger at others from the comfort of their couch while refusing to do anything to fix the mess are just as much a problem as those creating it. The difference is people who make a mess see me walking banks cleaning up and maybe they realize what they are doing wrong. You’ve already decided who’s to blame and you want someone else to fix it. Not to worry, I don’t see colour while I’m trying to teach people to be better humans. 

Hurketthunter

• Like 4