• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Snag???

Good luck

Snag???

&

• Thanks 1

PaulW

Thanks! New-ish to thunder bay, first year hunting up here. Had success previously in alberta and nova scotia but am having issues locating suitable crown land to hunt deer around here. From the reported numbers WMU13 seems like a decent spot, however in my experience driving on the highways I havent seen much deer activity in the area outside of the highway in town. was out checking logging roads this past weekend looking for tracks but only found moose tracks. are most people on here hunting other WMUs? I dont expect someone to give up their spots, but any tips would be greatly appreciated.   

brookiebuster

For wmu 13 most deer are concentrated south and west of the city. There’s small pockets of them north of town so it makes it harder to locate them. Look for cuts that are 4-10 years old. Deer prefer older cuts that are more brushy for added cover. Once we get some snow you’ll be surprised on how many deer tracks you’ll find. @PaulW

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

Snag???

&

Zackcorbin1401

477E5425-F6BA-40FD-AFC0-9081A1118BAA.thumb.jpeg.eff502dde8640470a9e2b2e39d223ce7.jpeg

• Like 1

RLK

Got this young guy yesterday morning. First time out for the year. Got a late start, in the stand at 10:00 gave two bleats at 10:05 heard a crack 5 seconds later and then this guy walked in. I figured it was good enough for this old fart.

DSCN1882.JPG

DSCN1883.JPG

• Like 4

rceme74

Congratulations. Very Nice. Some great meals of this young buck.  Still searching for a nice buck. 

Edited by rceme74

Dirty Sanchenz
1 hour ago, rceme74 said:

Congratulations. Very Nice. Some great meals of this young buck.  Still searching for a nice buck. 

Drive up and down Dog Lake Road 2-3 times you'll get one :)

rceme74

My son and are heading out tomorrow after work. We'll give it a run and see what's about. Thanks for the information. 

Spectre

I was trying to get this guy all year but couldnt get him to come in during the day! At some point it just feels like they are mocking you coming in at night only haha

deer.jpg

WGI_0007.JPG

WGI_0008.JPG