• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Benji

Anyone checkin the ice?

Benji

I’m goin for a cruise with the axe, who figures there’s enough ice to fish? 

I was pokin around one of the oddball places I want to try ice fishing, was prolly 2” last weekend 

Zackcorbin1401
17 minutes ago, Benji said:

I’m goin for a cruise with the axe, who figures there’s enough ice to fish? 

I was pokin around one of the oddball places I want to try ice fishing, was prolly 2” last weekend 

I’ve found up to 5” of ice so far… really weird year, it’s almost like all the lakes that were frozen this time last year are wide open and the ones that were open last year at this time are frozen solid🤷🏼

Benji
Just now, Zackcorbin1401 said:

I’ve found up to 5” of ice so far… really weird year, it’s almost like all the lakes that were frozen this time last year are wide open and the ones that were open last year at this time are frozen solid🤷🏼

So far anything big I’ve seen has been busted open by those last few storms

5” is still axe season to me lol

Zackcorbin1401
2 hours ago, Benji said:

So far anything big I’ve seen has been busted open by those last few storms

5” is still axe season to me lol

Been using the hand auger on a drill this year and it’s amazing 

Chemin71
1 hour ago, joks said:

5 to 6 inches of clear ice.  Need creepers cause she's awfully slippery.

20211127_164845.jpg

What lake was that at? White lily has around 6” aswell

5DE0E7B1-017A-4CE4-BA49-2F750E4FC250.jpeg

Ekvin1

Hawkeye Narrows has close to 7" out in the middle.  Sadly, no fish were to be found. Guess they are all swimming in the main part of the lake that is still open.

kbrest

Just a big safety FYI:

Some young gentlemen…instagram name nwo_on_the_fly

decided to cut a large site hole at White Lily Lake and not leave it marked. Be careful any venturing out on foot watch for a big hole. Seems like an unnecessary safety hazard this early especially if not marking it.

tight lines

• Like 2

Nathsans
1 hour ago, kbrest said:

Just a big safety FYI:

decided to cut a large site hole at White Lily Lake and not leave it marked. Be careful any venturing out on foot watch for a big hole. Seems like an unnecessary safety hazard this early especially if not marking it.

tight lines

Hole was definitely marked 💯 totally get the concern though 

Nwo_on_the_fly
1 hour ago, kbrest said:

Just a big safety FYI:

tight lines

The hole was marked. Sight holes seem to be a popular thing to do early ice, from what I’ve seen   so I made sure it was far away from the first bay near the parking area too be safe-thanks for the concern 

• Like 3

Aquaman420
26 minutes ago, Nwo_on_the_fly said:

The hole was marked. Sight holes seem to be a popular thing to do early ice, from what I’ve seen   so I made sure it was far away from the first bay near the parking area too be safe-thanks for the concern 

Nice to see young guys taking a safety precautions. Keep doing what your doing guys.

On a side note I think that the older generations should help out the young guys because they are just learning and I think that we should respect that. 

• Like 1

Nwo_on_the_fly
2 minutes ago, Aquaman420 said:

Nice to see young guys taking a safety precautions. Keep doing what your doing guys.

On a side note I think that the older generations should help out the young guys because they are just learning and I think that we should respect that. 

Thanks Aquaman420. Every time I go out I am learning something new and keeping safety my number one priority. No fish is worth losing a life for. 

• Like 2

Aquaman420
11 hours ago, Nwo_on_the_fly said:

Thanks Aquaman420. Every time I go out I am learning something new and keeping safety my number one priority. No fish is worth losing a life for. 

Absolutely 

• Like 1

S.Brennan

Was at Lac today Ken and Collin said about 8" out of the bay and 6 further on. Funny the places you end up when hunting but gotta get prepped for the next adventures. Hope this snowstorm doesn't screw up the lakes. 

• Like 1

eyelander

Forecasted for 8-10 inches tomorrow into Monday, so it will screw up some lakes. But with the associated winds it may not affect Lac that much as it will smaller lakes.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Noah santorelli
On 12/4/2021 at 8:53 PM, eyelander said:

Forecasted for 8-10 inches tomorrow into Monday, so it will screw up some lakes. But with the associated winds it may not affect Lac that much as it will smaller lakes.

Will the smaller lakes still be safe to fish? even with all of that extra weight from the snow? 

FishinFinn

I would be very careful going onto the ice after this snow. Sure to be a slushy mess is my bet

Noah santorelli
1 hour ago, FishinFinn said:

I would be very careful going onto the ice after this snow. Sure to be a slushy mess is my bet

Thank you, I will be for sure

Zackcorbin1401

Lac  has 10.5” around coffin island area… not much snow on the ice either, also There is a pressure ridge past Birch island.

Snag???

&

Foozer

Got this text from my dad this morning.

Guess there isn’t 10” everywhere jist yet.

66968699-7FF6-4F7A-A844-AC93B8E1E850.jpeg

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

speckmaster

Is that the one that busted through the ice ridge?