• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

SUB1

No longer public access to Golding lake

SUB1

There is  no longer public access to Golding lake from the end of Golding road. Someone has bought a piece of property just a short ways in from the end of Golding road and has posted no trespassing signs on that portion of the trail. I don't know of any other public access to it from else where. Does anyone know of another way in ? Thanks 

rmayr

That sucks, I wanted to try that lake out this winter. It is for sure no access? Has anyone tried contacting the new land owners?

Bobber Down

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

SUB1

I don't know who the land owner is  but definitely would ask for a possible through fair on trail.  Did talk to a fellow from the mnr today who is in charge of stocking and he told me the lake is crown property and the majority of the surrounding property is to. He said they will continue to stock it and if the anglers want to get into it they will have to make there own trail in on crown land 

Bobber Down

You need to apply to the MNRF for a permit for an activity on Crown Land, such as making a new trail, or build a new water crossing.

• Like 1

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Fishog

My buddy had bought a brand new 1980 Suzuki LJ80 Jeep and we used to take it up the road I have marked with a red arrow. You get to the lake and it got pretty soft and swampy. Someone at the time had a small bull dozer in there and made a trail up the bank to the end of the lake. It was very hard going on that trail. That was the last time I had been in there. Around 1980-1981. Looking on google maps if you zoom in you can see someone has a boat stashed at the end of the road. 

543065693_ScreenShot2021-12-14at5_32_55PM.png.27b437e368e4d6a870142a3eda4b9c7d.png

screenshot-www.google.ca-2021.12.16-08_15_32.png

tbayfinn
On 12/13/2021 at 7:23 PM, Bobber Down said:

You need to apply to the MNRF for a permit for an activity on Crown Land, such as making a new trail, or build a new water crossing.

Except for mineral exploration purposes.....

Feldwebel Wolfenstool
13 hours ago, tbayfinn said:

Except for mineral exploration purposes.....

Wrong.

OldWalter
On 12/23/2021 at 6:45 AM, Feldwebel Wolfenstool said:

Wrong.

I think he is correct.

3DCECECA-767A-45E6-869A-082C858E1771.jpeg

Feldwebel Wolfenstool

What the MNDM really doesn't like are people who bullshit their intents.  Believe me, they been thru this a hundred times.  Go ahead.  Try it.

Dirty Sanchenz

Hopefully the MNR figures it out and stops stocking it

• Haha 1

Thefishleclair

Im sure MNR will not discourage s trail cut to the lake on crown land into a sticked lake. All stocked lakes have access into them. 

• Like 1

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Maddcoop

So basically who even bought the property has there own stocked spec lake? Lucky 

naden

There is crown land between the dam rd and the lake. Just because there isnt an established trail doesn’t mean there isn’t access

Peterpumpkineater
On 12/16/2021 at 8:11 AM, Fishog said:

My buddy had bought a brand new 1980 Suzuki LJ80 Jeep and we used to take it up the road I have marked with a red arrow. You get to the lake and it got pretty soft and swampy. Someone at the time had a small bull dozer in there and made a trail up the bank to the end of the lake. It was very hard going on that trail. That was the last time I had been in there. Around 1980-1981. Looking on google maps if you zoom in you can see someone has a boat stashed at the end of the road. 

543065693_ScreenShot2021-12-14at5_32_55PM.png.27b437e368e4d6a870142a3eda4b9c7d.png

screenshot-www.google.ca-2021.12.16-08_15_32.png

Someone stole my boat.. fyi lol

tbayfinn
On 12/27/2021 at 4:56 PM, naden said:

There is crown land between the dam rd and the lake. Just because there isnt an established trail doesn’t mean there isn’t access

It looks pretty rugged through that area based on the topographic map, 135 m elevation gain over 1 km. I'm too old for that lol.

Golding.thumb.jpg.288c1da9be5829f2cfbb597b0341d838.jpg

Dirty Sanchenz
15 minutes ago, tbayfinn said:

It looks pretty rugged through that area based on the topographic map, 135 m elevation gain over 1 km. I'm too old for that lol.

Yeah, much better lakes with less hardship, thats not counting blow downs etc. Unless you have done this several times in the past, I'd say anyone who thinks this is anywhere near non-exhaustion hasn't bush banged. Take a compass and walk into the woods anywhere right now for 1 km, let me know how you make out. Walking through brush this time of the year takes me about 1 hour per kilometer traveled cause your over and around a lot of stuff and I'm not packing anything too heavy.   I'd say someone just bought themselves a private stocked lake.

15 minutes ago, tbayfinn said:

naden
4 hours ago, tbayfinn said:

I just don’t think the mnr would consider this a lack of access and stop stocking the lake. It’s not like it’s surrounded by private land. There are many speckled trout lakes that are steep walks and a km long if not more. There is also plenty of lakes you can drive a truck too. 

Dirty Sanchenz
1 hour ago, naden said:

I just don’t think the mnr would consider this a lack of access and stop stocking the lake. It’s not like it’s surrounded by private land. There are many speckled trout lakes that are steep walks and a km long if not more. There is also plenty of lakes you can drive a truck too. 

I understand what you are saying and I would agree, except this lake has pretty good access for the property owner and his friends and nobody else. Anyway I don't think it is fair but I really don't care if the MNR continues to stock it or not, I just wish they would stock more lakes.

• Haha 1

Thefishleclair

Trail cutting crew party?  many hands make light work. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Feldwebel Wolfenstool

When I was aged 4 to 9, we did an annual Spring weekend at Dufault Lk. for big 3 a.m. specks up to 6 lbs.  Me Unc had a polio'd up foot, so I made the hike with him, while the rest boogied on ahead.  I don't recall the trip being too brutal.  Then the dam broke, water level dropped 6 feet killing off the shallow water biology, the fishing went to zero, haven't been back since I flew over it in '76...DuFault Lake.bmp