• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

weldon1275

Silver Harbour

AddieH

Nice to see! How far out? 40 fow? Clearly not passed the island yet. Good sign though 

weldon1275

20 ft out facing Mary's ice ridge way out past island, stayed close first step on her this year.

kbrest

Good to see finally. I drove out last week and it just didnt look good. Was thinking this was going to be one of those years we wont get to fish out there at all. 
Remember a few years ago when there was about 4-5ft of ice everywhere, i was driving my 3/4 tonne truck out there on the ice road that was plowed to the island. Amazing how different it is year to year.

Tomperch

Is there enough ice to snowmobile a ways out yet? 

Anthony Coccimiglio

Was out there today and saw someone snowmobiling inside the ridge. Did not see anyone venture out passed the ridge. Quite a bit of snow on the ice, with some slush pockets in tight to shore as well. 

Thefishleclair

I am shocked someone is on a sled out there.

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Feldwebel Wolfenstool
14 hours ago, Thefishleclair said:

I am shocked someone is on a sled out there.

I may be mistaken, but on L.Winnebago in Minnesota during the Winter you are required to have full-flotation gear for your quad or snow machine. 

Thefishleclair
10 hours ago, Feldwebel Wolfenstool said:

I may be mistaken, but on L.Winnebago in Minnesota during the Winter you are required to have full-flotation gear for your quad or snow machine. 

Not here! I wore mine on my first few trips out, After that its hanging.

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

mikep

Stay cautious beyond the first ridge. There was a small ridge that had formed and iced over. It almost looks like nothing worth considering. But we chipped through with only a few swings of the end of a scoop. Only an inch or two thick. 

Straight out from shore, it was about in-line with the far tip of Marys Island. Figured it nust have opened recently, even last night, and froze back over. 8” of ice on both sides.

Thefishleclair
1 hour ago, mikep said:

Stay cautious beyond the first ridge. There was a small ridge that had formed and iced over. It almost looks like nothing worth considering. But we chipped through with only a few swings of the end of a scoop. Only an inch or two thick. 

Straight out from shore, it was about in-line with the far tip of Marys Island. Figured it nust have opened recently, even last night, and froze back over. 8” of ice on both sides.

Thanks for heads up.....Headin out on Monday

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

AddieH

Went out today to first drop off (56 fow). First ridge looks bad but was nice and tight. Fished on 12” of ice. Second ridge is wayyy out there in laker land and some people ventured out there as well. Clearly enough to walk on anyway 

Fishog

Just get your skates on and go for it. 😂

DJI_0001_Moment copy.jpg

Bryton199

New to the area and it was my first time out yesterday grabbed a nice probably 8 lb laker and lost 3 others in about 90fow was out today and went out to about 130fow and marked over 30 fish but couldn’t get anything to chase or bite, gonna try tomorrow back in 90, white tubes would interest them but it only a white swimbait could get em to bite, not to sure if the move is to fish drops offs or flats any tips would be appreciated huge thanks 

Fishog

When I used to fish lake trout there and closer to caribou island the fish we caught were so fatty you had to cook them outside. Burnt up a couple of BBQ's doing so just from the fat dripping and catching fire.

Are the ones now better or still the same?  

Thefishleclair
8 hours ago, Fishog said:

When I used to fish lake trout there and closer to caribou island the fish we caught were so fatty you had to cook them outside. Burnt up a couple of BBQ's doing so just from the fat dripping and catching fire.

Are the ones now better or still the same?  

i have been able  to pick out lune tube trout and eaters. I still end up keeping a few Lubers by mistake. Still taste good just gotta cut the fat off before cooking. you can get a decent idea by the colors of the fish and if ya keep em around the 3 -4 pound range yer odds are better. 

Less fatty ones have a bit of a silver shine to em where the lubers will have pale gray / yellowish look to em ive found. 

• Like 1

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

PkdR

Has anyone made the trek from silver harbour to bays end yet? Or still a bit too early for that? 

• Like 1

MorningDew

Should be good to go!  As usual, just use caution around the ridges.  I always bring a spud bar to check the ice when crossing ridges.  

Zackcorbin1401

Caught a few lakers last weekend

PkdR

Nice! I was out in 45 fow for a couple hours and didn’t get a sniff. Lots of shelters!

Chicopee16

65 FOW yesterday, lots of fish on the screen. None chased the bait, only fish I caught ate a dead stick while I wasn’t paying attention… Call me lazy haha. (One whitey and two Lakers)

C N

Heading out tomorrow to laker land and beyond. Anyone ride from the launch to Caribou at all? Curious about ice conditions/ridges. Cheers!