• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Gone8to1248

Any good watering holes in Thunder Bay?

Gone8to1248

Can anyone tell me were there is a good watering hole where a man can get a decent bottle of Canadian Swill? Someplace in Thunder Bay! I'm sure that after my long drive up there to go to the Sport Show this month I'll need one. Yes I'm coming up and if anyone would care to join me for a drink or two just let me know where to go.

Bernie

Guest Big Moose

There's one on almost every street.

The Fox and the Hedge Hog is sure to tickle your brain. (And not to mention relax those highway eyes)

I'll be sure to join you when you arrive..I feel another meet and greet is in order on this occaision.

BERNIE IS BACK IN THE NORTHSHORE

Welcome back old timer..

Thefishleclair

Yeah but we will have to be the first to Bounce this time Big Moose!!!!!

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Guest Big Moose

That's forsure,Either that or make sure Dan pays cash after every drink ordered.Although it is pretty easy to get distracted in that establishment..(MMMmmmm I love kilts)[must be my Scottish heritage showing through]

Gone8to1248

No problem guy's, if Dan shows up I'm bringing a set of hand cuffs and we'll lock him to the bar til time to go! :lol: Just keep in mind this is a meet and greet and not a "Lets Take The American Out Back and Kick His Axx!" Just let me know the address of the Hedge Hound or what ever the name of the place is and I'll find it. i know my way around town pretty well. I would say the 1st round is on me, but I'm willing to bet if I post THAT on an open board everyone in Thunder Bay will be there to get a FREE "SWILL"! :P

Bernie

Guest Big Moose

The Fox is in the back of the Travel Lodge across from D&R.

And yup I'd have to agree that your playing with fire anouncing free beers on a public board,We may have to start up a fund raiser so you can make it back home after that one.

Gone8to1248

After reading the other thread with Shane and terry having my back....... Well thats like putting 2 fox in the hen house and meens Bernie is dead meat! :lol:

Guest Big Moose

Well Bernie at most you may end up with some odd colored hair(pink-green) and a bit of make up on yah,But hey it's all in good fun.

Guest stumped

Well, depending when it is maybe my husband and I will show up as well. Maybe it is time to put some mugs to the names on the board.

NWO

If you're looking for a 'pure' bar-goers experience, I'd recommend ON DECK.

It's a sports bar.....lots of big-screen TVs, great wings & finger foods, beers on tap.......even wood tables to carve your name into.

Great joint, usually hopping.

Gone8to1248

The Fox and theHedge Hog sounds good to me! I'll bet I can even find the place.....seeing how I'm staying at the Travel Lodge this time. :lol: Wont have far to crawl when the evenning is over!

Bernie :ninja:

Buck 120

So do we have a date and time? Maybe we can pass on our donations to Roger at the same time? (After he pays for his drinks LOL)

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Gone8to1248

I'll be checking in sometime thursday afternoon of Feb 21st so I'll be open anytime after that. As far as getting the money to Roger thats up to George as I don't know what his plans are at this point for the donations or his time schedule. I don't know when the best time for you all to meet up is. Thursday,Friday or Saturday is good for me. If someone wants to suggest a time we can go from there.

Bernie

eyelander

If you're looking for a 'pure' bar-goers experience, I'd recommend ON DECK.

It's a sports bar.....lots of big-screen TVs, great wings & finger foods, beers on tap.......even wood tables to carve your name into.

Great joint, usually hopping.

Except on Wednesday nights :D , I was there tonight playing darts against another team, and our two teams outnumbered the rest of the patrons.

The Fox and theHedge Hog sounds good to me! I'll bet I can even find the place.....seeing how I'm staying at the Travel Lodge this time. :lol: Wont have far to crawl when the evenning is over!

PARTY IN BERNIE'S ROOM, :D

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Guest TerryK

Fox/Hedgehog sounds good. The Outdoor show is Feb. 22-24 and the hours are:

Fri. 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm

Sat. 11:00 am - 8:00 pm

Sun. 11:00 am - 4:00 pm

Some of us will be manning a booth so keep that in mind as well. (Friday night is good for me :) )

Buck 120

How about 9:30 Friday night?

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Gone8to1248

Except on Wednesday nights :D , I was there tonight playing darts against another team, and our two teams outnumbered the rest of the patrons.

PARTY IN BERNIE'S ROOM, :D

Did I say travel Lodge? I meant to say Kingsway Motel! Room #6. When you get there just knock on the door and walk on in! :lol::P

Gone8to1248

Sat. 11:00 pm - 8:00 pm

Sun. 11:00 pm - 4:00 pm

Some of us will be manning a booth so keep that in mind as well. (Friday night is good for me :) )

Kind of strange hours you have there for the Sport Show Terry. Is that meant to confuse the hell out of the American? Maybe having me stand outside the door all night! :lol:

Guest stumped

Sat. 11:00 pm - 8:00 pm

Sun. 11:00 pm - 4:00 pm

Well Bernie, it seems I am not the only one who makes mistakes in their posts :lol::P

Vera

Gone8to1248

Well Bernie, it seems I am not the only one who makes mistakes in their posts :lol::P

Vera

I was hoping you wouldn't catch that! Now the guy's are going to have to live it down! :lol::P

Snowball

I just sent an e-mail to the Chamber of Commerce and requested clarification of the hours of operation. Will post results when I receive notice.

Regards,

Snowball

Snowball

Just received an answer from the Chamber of Commerce re: hours of operation for the Central Canada Outdoor Show.

Here it is:

Sorry about that. Thanks, I have fixed it. The hours are Fri. 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Sat. 11 am - 8:00 pm, Sun. 11:00 am - 4:00 pm. The dates are Feb. 22 - 24, 2008. Thanks again Mary Ann

Regards,

Snowball

Guest Dan

No problem guy's, if Dan shows up I'm bringing a set of hand cuffs and we'll lock him to the bar til time to go! :

My birthday is on one of those suggested dates, so be careful which date you choose. I don't expect to pay a nickel if it's my birthday. Just a heads up... :lol:

Gone8to1248

My birthday is on one of those suggested dates, so be careful which date you choose. I don't expect to pay a nickel if it's my birthday. Just a heads up... :lol:

hey Dan it's my understanding that any day your drinking is your birthday! Or so they say based on the last meet and greet! :P:lol:

Hope you can make it while I'm up there for a drink and I'll even buy you one! :lol:

Bernie