• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Bobber Down

Chasing The Steel 2022

Bobber Down

Out and about today and got a few pics of our local rivers current water levels. Seriously low but the melt is yet to come. They are starting to line up along the Neebing.

IMG_1346.jpg

IMG_1348a.jpg

IMG_1350a.jpg

IMG_1351a.jpg

IMG_1352a.jpg

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Snag???

&

Thefishleclair
53 minutes ago, Snag??? said:

Yes a few buddies been fishing larger rivers and been picking off a few. They know I’m working so they just had to rub that in. Gotta love you’re buddies.

ill save a spot for ya snagg

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Snag???

&

Lonewolfdan

I saw people fishing on the McIntrye Eiver off the PACC golf course yesterday

PkdR

Has anyone had much luck locally  yet? ..I’ve been out a couple times now and haven’t seen anyone catch one or talked to anyone who’s caught yet! ..has to be anytime now no!? 

Zackcorbin1401

Water is COLD

walleye warrior

I found a Leatherman on the bank of the McIntyre this afternoon. I think it was left by 2 young fellas yesterday evening. There is an inscription on it and it sounds meaningful.  I’d like to return it, let me know if it’s yours. Thanks

James01

Any word on Steelhead? I am going to try this afternoon, not too optimistic. But, it'll be nice getting out. I will post about any success. 

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

Zackcorbin1401

Friday driving to work the neebing/mac floodway was frozen to the breakwall. As of yesterday it’s wide open as far as I can see now. 

James01

Neebing at Edward Street ... no fishing here.

20220503_121927.jpg

20220503_121633.jpg

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

Feldwebel Wolfenstool

...tabarnak...my Minnow III wont'd squeeze under the RR bridge back of Home Depot quite yet...

zippermouth

The Neebing was still really high this morning.

S0badFish

So has the Steelhead run happened? Is it just delayed?  Wait for the waters to simmer down?

Zackcorbin1401
2 hours ago, S0badFish said:

So has the Steelhead run happened? Is it just delayed?  Wait for the waters to simmer down?

It’s happening currently, waters really high tomorrows rain won’t help the water levels

brookiebuster

The water levels are great for the fish, not the fisherman. I’m sure they’re enjoying making love without us getting in the way. 

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

kbrest

After last years low water levels and watching guys hook fish everywhere but the mouth, Im happy to have this high water to let them blast through faster this year…plus it hasn't stopped me from catching just have to adapt to the conditions 😉

• Like 3

Zackcorbin1401

Fish have been jumping mcvics for over a week now.

James01

The unfortunate thing with the low water in McVicars is people are dip netting in the pools for Steelies with landing nets … its a circus now. 

- Henry David Thoreau