• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Bobber Down

Chasing The Steel 2022

brookiebuster
2 hours ago, James01 said:

The unfortunate thing with the low water in McVicars is people are dip netting in the pools for Steelies with landing nets … its a circus now. 

MNR TIPS Line 1-877-TIPS MNR (1-877-847-7667

• Like 1

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

Zackcorbin1401
13 hours ago, James01 said:

The unfortunate thing with the low water in McVicars is people are dip netting in the pools for Steelies with landing nets … its a circus now. 

Could be meting for suckers Mabye? Also could be status who knows?

James01
2 hours ago, Zackcorbin1401 said:

Could be meting for suckers Mabye? Also could be status who knows?

To the former - suckers don't get above the weir at Front Street; to the latter, not sure but (and this goes to bb's post) I have contacted the COs several times, even provided them a description of a young guy with a bright back pack fishing in the closed pool below Court Street Falls. With the lower water McVicars has become a circus.

A few days back I had an interesting fellow stand in the creek while I was fighting a fish and try to spear it with a twig. He was a bigger guy bothering a lot of people along the creek. Some people found him a little threatening (and with good reason). When I asked him to get out of the creek he stormed off. Later he threw his boots into the creek and then yelled at me that I made him throw his new $240 boots into the creek. Friggin tool - I was happy when he finally wandered off (in wet socks). Prior to trying to spear my fish we chatted some, and I knew something was off with him when he was walking around with cedar branches in front of his face. Like I said, a circus. Honestly, I prefer the nutcase to a grumpy older guy who wouldn't even say hi.

McVicars can be an interesting place to fish ... and even more so as the weather gets nicer and the water level drops.

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

Zackcorbin1401
1 hour ago, James01 said:

To the former - suckers don't get above the weir at Front Street; to the latter, not sure but (and this goes to bb's post) I have contacted the COs several times, even provided them a description of a young guy with a bright back pack fishing in the closed pool below Court Street Falls. With the lower water McVicars has become a circus.

A few days back I had an interesting fellow stand in the creek while I was fighting a fish and try to spear it with a twig. He was a bigger guy bothering a lot of people along the creek. Some people found him a little threatening (and with good reason). When I asked him to get out of the creek he stormed off. Later he threw his boots into the creek and then yelled at me that I made him throw his new $240 boots into the creek. Friggin tool - I was happy when he finally wandered off (in wet socks). Prior to trying to spear my fish we chatted some, and I knew something was off with him when he was walking around with cedar branches in front of his face. Like I said, a circus. Honestly, I prefer the nutcase to a grumpy older guy who wouldn't even say hi.

McVicars can be an interesting place to fish ... and even more so as the weather gets nicer and the water level drops.

Gotta love mcvics, weather you are wrangling fish or crackheads it’s allways a good time.

James01

Only if you're status.

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

fisherdude
8 hours ago, Zackcorbin1401 said:

Gotta love mcvics, weather you are wrangling fish or crackheads it’s allways a good time.

Try mcvicks by county park lol