• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Buddy

Recomendations for hotel / motel / housing

Buddy

Hey there. I'll be moving to TB next week to study at Lakehead, and have yet to arrange for housing. My thinking is to sort of get into town, rent a motel room for a week or two and scope up the renting situation. Any pointers? Places to avoid? Any deals you know about? For housing, is it all Kijiji now?

Being from up north QC I've almost only fished brook trout, so I'm looking forward to catch some walleyes, and just enjoying the outdoors!

Snowball

Why not get a hold of the University. They may have a list of places that are available.

Regards,

Snowball

Buddy

Thanks Snowball. They do have some listings on their very vintage looking website but not much guidance when it comes to hotel/motels. And tbh a lot of leasing options I've seen so far seem to be full-on gouge mode!

Dirty Sanchenz

Lots of scum bag motels/ hotels in this city, be careful, read reviews if there are any and dont go to the ones that accept cash lol.

Buddy

Ahah, let's name name! I was thinking Red Rock Inn on the first night if it's not crazy expensive, then like, the Telstar (or Stanley or Pineview) in Kakabeka Falls for a week or so.

So all in all bit out of the city because I assume that it's cheaper / I can get a rate?

Thefishleclair

did ya find cheap lodging ?

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Dirty Sanchenz

You want a knife fighting, gun shooting, place to buy drugs motel or a sleeping quiet motel?  We have both.

Fishog

The Stanley is just a bar with good food. They don't rent rooms. The Kakabeka Hotel has been shut down for over two years now and no plans to ever start back up. The Telstar is usually booked up solid. The Pineview might have kitchenette rooms but not cheap from what I heard.

naden

The Telstar might be an option