• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Big Moose

the albino moose pics check em out let me know what you think.

Some Old Guy

I have seen these pictures before. I also read in a magazine where they were taken. But for the life of me I can't remember the location..... Anyone else know?

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Bear

Kinda like the fur bearing trout of ORRS store on Hwy.527. ha ha B)

Couldn't be around Kenora, the highway is in too good of shape.

Bear

fisherdude

thats really neat, no matter where they were taken

eyelander

Someone sent me this picture back in march, don't know if its the same animals, or where.[attachmentid=29]

post-66-1162441702_thumb.jpg

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Guest Beamer

Someone sent me this picture back in march, don't know if its the same animals, or where.[attachmentid=29]

They are from the Foleyet/Chapleau area,they are now protected in the WMU's in that area.Some pictures came out of there each year

seppi

;) Beamer is right !!!

Someone took these pictures on the way home from their cottage at Ivanhoe

Lake.....

These photos were taken in April 2006 near a small village called Foleyet,

near Timmins. They are a protected animal by the MNR. Nice eh!

Seppi

fisherdude

im glad to hear that theyr protected by the mnr. thats really good to hear

Guest Dobsey

Well I don't really have much to say about those ones, except agree with the people on here who said they are nice to look at. I rember when i was young my uncle had a picture of an albino moose, at the edge of a cut (he had the actual picture, not a print off) If I can get it I'll post it for you guys to...

crisop

the pictures by big moose are from St. Quentin NB, i work for bowater and we got a company email from an employee in one of our mills in NB that took these on his way to work

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

Guest Dan

Apparently albino Moose aren't all that rare. Old timers that drove the northern rail lines have seen many of them over the years. Since when are they protected by the MNR? I remember about 10 years ago that one was shot near Nipigon. It created a media frenzy, but the fact that it was shot legally ended the arguement. Have the laws changed since then? That's news to me.

Guest Beamer

Apparently albino Moose aren't all that rare. Old timers that drove the northern rail lines have seen many of them over the years. Since when are they protected by the MNR? I remember about 10 years ago that one was shot near Nipigon. It created a media frenzy, but the fact that it was shot legally ended the arguement. Have the laws changed since then? That's news to me.

There was a public outcry about people shooting these color variants of moose so the MNR implemeted a regulation protecting them in WMU's 22,23,24,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42 See the Hunting Regs under moose.These are mostly in NorthEastern Ontario where these moose are more predominant.As Dan says they are not that uncommon and a distinct population of them occurs naturally.

They are photographed on a regular basis in the Chapleau/Foleyet area, I have probably had at least a dozen different photos emailed to me showing these white moose and thei offspring.

Guest Big Moose

Well I've been working in the bush for over 10 years now as an operator,working all over NWO including the Wawa and Chapleau area and seen 1000's of moose but never any albino's.Pretty rare to me.Anyways thanks for all the info.

Guest Big Moose

Well I'm gonna pull a couple of these pics to free up some space.Send me an E-mail to see the rest of them.