• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

PkdR

Nipigon River - Salmon Fishing

PkdR

Has anyone tested their luck at the river for salmon yet !!? ..Was thinking of trying the luck this weekend or early week. 

Thefishleclair

i would wait till after the weekend. Derbys are starting.  Finding a parking spot will be tough

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Snag???

&

• Like 1

kbrest

Water CONSIDERABLY higher than last year as well, which will make it "easier" for the amount of boats in the derby. There are some fish around though 😉

weldon1275

Was out last Sun got one from shore, saw one boat catch one as well. SLOW but they are there. Derby on Sept 2nd to 5th. 

Tomperch

Where would the place to shore fish right now be? By the dam? Or closer to the highway?

brookiebuster
On 8/26/2022 at 9:00 PM, Tomperch said:

Where would the place to shore fish right now be? By the dam? Or closer to the highway?

Below Alexander dam, pipeline before Alexander dam or below the highway

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

PkdR

Ended up going today. Fished for about 6 hours and we boated 1 salmon and also lost 1. About 10-15 boats in total, couple carcasses at the landing but didn’t see much else action. It was a good day overall, plan to get back there this week before the derby next weekend!! 

Tomperch

Fished by the dam off shore today landed one 28" 8lb Chinook there, also realised when i got home i forgot my net on shore its one of those small lucky strike nets that's missing the foam handle bit. If there is any good Samaritan reading this and you found it there give me a PM would appreciate it thx.

rceme74

Went in today, got two nice salmon.7 and 11 lbs. Lost a real nice one. Seen a few caught from other boats. 

wall-e
On 8/28/2022 at 4:28 PM, brookiebuster said:

Below Alexander dam, pipeline before Alexander dam or below the highway

20 hours ago, Tomperch said:

Fished by the dam off shore today landed one 28" 8lb Chinook there, also realised when i got home i forgot my net on shore its one of those small lucky strike nets that's missing the foam handle bit. If there is any good Samaritan reading this and you found it there give me a PM would appreciate it thx.

Trying to figure this out by fishing off shore, are we talking by the same as in below the deck lookout point? Where is the pipeline? Thanks in advance.

brookiebuster
15 minutes ago, wall-e said:

Trying to figure this out by fishing off shore, are we talking by the same as in below the deck lookout point? Where is the pipeline? Thanks in advance.

It’s downstream of the Alexander dam. Here’s a screen shot. Park in the parking area on the side of the road and walk down to the river.

4DB26C99-508E-4537-8BD6-908E06CBFA18.png

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

wall-e
3 hours ago, brookiebuster said:

It’s downstream of the Alexander dam. Here’s a screen shot. Park in the parking area on the side of the road and walk down to the river.

4DB26C99-508E-4537-8BD6-908E06CBFA18.png

Thanks!

Snag???

&

• Like 4

rceme74

Very Nice Fish.

Snag???

&

outofbounds

Similar on the Salmon remains for pup, our Chessie gets all lake trout and salmon remains boiled down. 

We get out to the west coast often for salmon as well, so not solely reliant on the fall Nipigon run. Complimentary to Inukshuk Marine 25 and Purina ProPlan 20/30 salmon and rice.

PkdR

Went today also, fished about 5 hours and not even a sniff! Was cold and windy. Saw a couple get caught but talked to the MNR guy at the launch doing the surveys and said numbers weren’t good today. Could of been the Cold or all the salmon getting spooked by all the boats! They are there though!! 

Snag???

&

Bobber Down
1 hour ago, Aidan said:

Are there any good areas for chinooks right now closer to town? 

Welcome to the forum.

Wife and I have caught a few this time of year trolling up the Kam using #9 Firetiger Flicker Shad's

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Snag???

&

PkdR

Fished from about 7 to 1:30 yesterday. Boated 3 and lost 1! It was a good day and most action I’ve had on the river this year. Seen others also catch. The old guy got a nice 14lber, was crossing over from one side to the other when it hit in deeper water with a shallow rap! Still super aggressive! Will be back soon before hunting starts..otherwise tight lines everyone!!! 

• Like 1