• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Big Guy

Minn Kota Power drive v1

Big Guy

Having issues with the foot pedal. Need to drive the thing with 2 feet to keep the motor going.  Slightest touch of the pedal and forward momentum stops.  Anyone ever have an issue like that? Recommendations on what to do?  I know the pedals are no longer made and are prone to failure.  Any help would be appreciated.

Adrian

Take it apart and clean all the contact points with a soft cloth and alcohol...had the same issue with mine.  You can also buy a kit to change it to wireless with a small fob.  I did that too

• Like 1

eyelander
3 hours ago, Adrian said:

Take it apart and clean all the contact points with a soft cloth and alcohol...had the same issue with mine.  You can also buy a kit to change it to wireless with a small fob.  I did that too

Isopropyl Alcohol, you can get it from CTC, Home Hardware, Home Depot, Shoppers Drug Mart, etc. And after cleaning the contacts add some Dielectric Grease to the contacts, commonly called dielectric tune up grease. It conducts electricity and protects the contacts from dust, dirt, and water. If the contacts are small, use a toothpick or small paint brush to apply it.

• Like 1

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Big Guy

Thanks for the info folks.  Did all of it and it still won't spin the prop.  The motor head turns just fine left and right but after last weekend using 2 feet to drive, it won't go forward at all now. I can hear the relay clicking when I turn the speed switch on but sliding the speed control up and down doesn't do anything.  I'm guessing there must be something wrong with the trace on the pcb board.  Now my only hope is for someone to be selling a foot pedal cheap.  They are ridiculously priced on ebay. Unfortunately the motor is like new, it's a 2003 but had maybe 20 hours of use on it.