• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Hurketthunter

Any luck?

Hurketthunter

Just checking in to see if anyone is having luck this year. Deer, moose, bear, small game or waterfowl. Let’s hear how you’ve been doing. We shot plenty of grouse this year. Don’t recall the last time they were so plentiful. My oldest son got his first moose this season so that was plenty exciting. Now it’s on to trying to fill some deer tags. 

therealfndeal

Harvested a nice bull first week of October been seeing tons of animals this year 

Spectre

Dropped this guy on the 15th, first time I've ever seen him come out in the daylight. Having a euro mount done

Buck.jpg

• Like 4

Zackcorbin1401

I passed up on my bull tag for the year:/ I just gotta have the archery tag! Deer wise I seem to be really really down on numbers compared to previous years, generally we have dozens and dozens of does around and 5-10 nice bucks. All year so far I have the same 3 doe on camera and one buck… just one….

jonut13

Agreed on the deer numbers.  Way down

Anyone else having wolf issues.  I'm getting pics every day , lots of day pics even.

The few deer I do have, have gone completely nocturnal

joks

I agree with the nocturnal.  Hopefully it attracts the bucks in.

310493203_5020613451373966_2364178533026502027_n.jpg

Hurketthunter

I’ve noticed a pretty big decline in deer numbers in our area as well. Last winter can’t have been good for them. 

Spectre

Had a euro mount done and I'm impressed with how great it is! I recommend GC Rack Mounts on FB if anyone is looking to have one done.

309377077_484376343710677_4407685666659599981_n.jpg

• Like 2

Snag???

Just home from rainy river, the high to mid teen weather wasn’t worth sticking around for. 35 years hunting whitetails in area 10. October 28th on usually marks starting buck movements. I walked the property looking and did not come across any rub lines or scrapes. Deer movement was great got lots videos of does only seen 2 bucks a nubber and spicker. Had big boy 30 yards in swamp, came in wouldn’t leave safety of cover. Hopefully camera picked up him rubbing a tree. Still wasn’t mobile till 2 hours after dark.last sit was beautiful had a big doe come out looking for her fawn, hope coyotes or wolves didn’t get the fawn.

FishinFinn

I’ve got nocturnal doe and fawn and  coyotes. Gonna have to get a dog tag.

Snag???

Pretty entertaining watching them pounce as they zig zag through or across country side looking for whatever on the menu. Fills void between squirrels birds snakes weezles, may even bump up a deer to you if lucky enough. Just seeing different ones and color changes are somewhat of a treat itself. May be late at night or early mornings there serenades are pretty cool.

Thefishleclair

Numbers are down,  Buy a wolf/ coyote tag and try to get 1 that will help with numbers. Lots of them around this year and the deep snow last winter only helped them catch the deer espicially in the spring when the crust started, Wolf and yotes can run on top while deer could not.

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Snag???

At the moment, not sure around thunder bay. Deer movement still a bit to crepuscular.

Thefishleclair

ive seen 2 bucks and 2 does in 4 trips. 

Harvested a buck yesterday spot n stalk with my Percussion cap 50 cal muzzleloader .490 Roundball for ammo. 

• Like 1

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Spectre

Do these look like coyotes or grey wolf?

DSCF0127.JPG

DSCF0232.JPG

eyelander

yes, wolves.

• Like 1

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

hunt or be hunted

Deer numbers are down big time in the Kaministiquia - silver falls road area, looks like that winter took a serious toll on the bucks as I’m having an extremely hard time locating any mature deer that made it thro winter 🥺

jonut13

Same here, very few mature bucks in my area.

Anyone seeing any good action ?

FishinFinn
3 hours ago, jonut13 said:

Same here, very few mature bucks in my area.

Anyone seeing any good action ?

No

Feldwebel Wolfenstool
On 10/31/2022 at 10:14 AM, Snag??? said:

Just home from rainy river, the high to mid teen weather wasn’t worth sticking around for. 35 years hunting whitetails in area 10. October 28th on usually marks starting buck movements. I walked the property looking and did not come across any rub lines or scrapes. Deer movement was great got lots videos of does only seen 2 bucks a nubber and spicker. Had big boy 30 yards in swamp, came in wouldn’t leave safety of cover. Hopefully camera picked up him rubbing a tree. Still wasn’t mobile till 2 hours after dark.last sit was beautiful had a big doe come out looking for her fawn, hope coyotes or wolves didn’t get the fawn.

I spend Oct. Nov. timbercruising and regen surveying 6 days a week in the areas between Morson and Off Lake in 1990.  What surprised me was that we saw no deer in areas where I thought there would be lots of sign...like in the lower elevation flatter areas and around  bogs.  But when we got up higher in elevation onto rocky jackpine hills, that's where they all seemed to be. 

Snag???

Nice glad you had opportunity to spend time in the area. I’ve hunted west of there this would be my 35 th year on a family owned 160 acre parcel of land. Main reasons for visiting area are to close up residents for winter months and to visit family. Deer hunting is a bonus. As for the swamps up till about now along with rock ridges especially ones open with large areas of surface rock exposed are my go to spots up till 3 rd week November. Deer crave greens, swamps being protected thick blanket of cover and water levels being above freezing added to rock exposure on ridges capture last warm days allows plant life to thrive late into season. I’ve rattled in bucks only way I knew they were coming in was when separated antlers I heard him break through ice. Start rattling again listen when pause you could hear him walking.one more week should vacate. Off lake nice spot.

Feldwebel Wolfenstool

We had our main camp in a George Armstrong gravel pit just S. of Off Lake until the snow arrived.  Then when packed our tents and moved into what is now Canadian Fly-In Outposts.  Then it was over to Morson for two weeks'a st Amber's Resort, where we had to chop thru the ice on Hay Bay to get to shore and get to work...years later, I got pissed off and walked off a job on Windmill Rd. and hoofed it most of the way down to the hwy....

115kv

Seeing very few deer, even in the middle of the night on cameras. 0 mature bucks on cameras. Complete 180 from last couple years.

Wonder if the MNR will consider limiting tags in WMU 13 next year?