• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Fishog

Saturday Afternoon ride with my dog.

Fishog

In my early twenties (Now 65) I used to go with a good friend to his cabin on the west side of Sandstone lake. His grandfather and his grandfathers brother lived there year round logging. The cabin was passed down to my friend over the years and the only way to get ther at the time was by boat or in the winter by snowmachine. That cabin was a fire trap so over a few years and many beers we built a newer camp. We spent a lot of time fishing Sandstone, (walleye, laketrout, bass and the odd specal trout) and in the winter we fished Wasp Lake and what is called Larry's Lakes. Back then everyone called them Lauries Lakes. Not sure when they became Larry's Lakes but I always new them as Lauries Lakes. Even my old Bud Evens map has them listed as Lauries Lakes. 

First lake you come two used to have nothing but Specs but it seems over time it got stocked with splake.

The second lake you come to I caught many large specs. Third lake was my favorite lake. West shore and a nice bon fire going and catch trout all day long. 

The trail used to go straight up the mountain from the air flied which in the old days was a Arf Arf with big machines if they never made it up. 

• Like 1

naden

I still know them as Laurie’s lakes, I think a few maps mistakenly called them Larry’s lakes. Fished them often about 20 years ago, good times 

• Like 1

Fishog

Yup many good times there for sure. Going up that mountain was a challenge for sure. First part was easy till you hit around 3\4's way up for about twenty feet is where most people got stuck. In the 70's when I had a old suzuki lj20 with a winch and bush bars we drove up it with a little help from the winch at that spot. By the time we got to the top the canoe was almost sideways LOL 

I looked for the trail into the lakes but not sure how they are getting up there now. 

I was also going to fly into Wasp Lake but my battery was getting pretty low so I did not want to chance it. Another good lake. 

tri9Le8.jpg

Snag???

&