• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
scandiman

Bays end

scandiman

Hey all, curious if anyone has been out to bays end or has heard any ice reports? Any info is much appreciated. PM if preferred. Cheers

brookiebuster

Some people were out there last week but I definitely wouldn’t risk it yet. I heard from someone that there was 4” of ice but don’t quote me on that. 

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

johnr

I lived on Lake Superior for 13 years at Mackenzie Beach. It is normal to see open water between the south east tip of caribou Island to Conmee point at Mackenzie until February . It is also normal to see 6 inches of good solid ice disappear quickly with one good southwest wind off the main lake. I wouldnt be rushing things ....Ice will come and go till the middle of February .

• Thanks 1

scandiman

I never venture out towards Caribou even with a strong ice year, not worth the fishing compared to where I wander haha. Mckenzie beach area is a much different animal, so to speak, than the far east portion of the bay with respects to ice build up. In a good year, I am fishing on Bays End by the first week of January. On a not so great year like this year, a little later.

All that said, I am very careful with checking the ice as I go no matter where I am during first ice conditions.

MetalFishing

My friend landed a few herring there the other day, others I know have been out as well. 

funnyd

dumb question, what does it mean when one says "bay's end"?
Mackenzie Point Conservation Area? Silver Harbour Conservation Area? Sorry not local, don't know where people go for fishing on lake superior next to Thunder Bay
Thanks

Fishog

deleted

brookiebuster

Bays end is the end of “Thunder Bay” towards pass lake. West of sleeping giant provincial park.  

18C94DCC-586C-4F95-AC2F-715797C0D393.png

• Like 2

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

Zackcorbin1401

I call bays end from caribou island  to the east shore/end of bay.

23 hours ago, funnyd said:

dumb question, what does it mean when one says "bay's end"?
Mackenzie Point Conservation Area? Silver Harbour Conservation Area? Sorry not local, don't know where people go for fishing on lake superior next to Thunder Bay
Thanks

• Like 1

Joecat

and the owners on Sare road dont want snowmobiles rippin down their driveway all the time.  but I figure its what, a 10 min ride from Silver harbour?

Thefishleclair
33 minutes ago, Joecat said:

and the owners on Sare road dont want snowmobiles rippin down their driveway all the time.  but I figure its what, a 10 min ride from Silver harbour?

If yer rippin, And on Superior from Silver yer gunna have to watch for Ridges or gaps! 

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

scandiman
3 hours ago, Joecat said:

scandiman

There is no access from Sare road, period. The owners were fed up with the way it was being treated. 

Zackcorbin1401

There was 12” of ice today where we were near sare point today.

Tomperch

Where is public access to bays end? I've only been silver harber area nothing more east then that during ice season.

The_Outdoorsman

Whats the latest? Any ice left over there or is it risky business venturing out?

JohnZ

Anyone been out lately? Was thinking of going tomorrow depending on ice conditions. Thanks. 

Fishog
On 2/3/2023 at 8:28 PM, Tomperch said:

Where is public access to bays end? I've only been silver harber area nothing more east then that during ice season.

Kind of like to know how people are getting on the ice now as it is all private property along the lake shore. 

PkdR

Lots of people will ski doo from silver harbour launch or if you know someone in bays end that will let you cross through their property