• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Fishog

A Message From Shacks Landing Lac Des Mille Lacs (807-986-1731)

Fishog

Can't believe there are people like this out there. 

screenshot-www.facebook.com-2023.01.24-13_20_04.png

Zackcorbin1401

😂😂

Thefishleclair

Gotta make money, Less road work equals better profit margins. 

I miss Gary, as Cranky as he was there was always a road.

• Like 4

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Dirty Sanchenz

Well I figure, If you own a business that is 100% ice fishing related you have to have the proper equipment to make it work. Of course people who own shacks on the lake are pizzed there is no road. If Shacks Landing figures they are not responsible to put  in  a road, then don't do it.  If they want the business then you have to make the customers happy period. Owing a business like that in this climate needs more that a 3/4 ton with a plow to operate in our winters, thats on them. I can see Shacks landing point as well but if your gonna run a business you have to run the whole thing not just what suits you. The reality is, no acess, no shacks, no business.

• Like 3

AB

Kaff,

Go ahead , here is an example of a proper ice road. 

The Gunnar road is a little one compared to some in the NWT and Yukon.  

Like I said  building an ice road is a science, and incredibly expensive to do it safely for both the constructors and travelers.  

AB

scandiman
On 1/25/2023 at 9:52 AM, Dirty Sanchenz said:

Well I figure, If you own a business that is 100% ice fishing related you have to have the proper equipment to make it work. Of course people who own shacks on the lake are pizzed there is no road. If Shacks Landing figures they are not responsible to put  in  a road, then don't do it.  If they want the business then you have to make the customers happy period. Owing a business like that in this climate needs more that a 3/4 ton with a plow to operate in our winters, thats on them. I can see Shacks landing point as well but if your gonna run a business you have to run the whole thing not just what suits you. The reality is, no acess, no shacks, no business.

What about pulling shacks out with a snow machine like so many others do at so many other lakes? Just a thought lol.

Dirty Sanchenz
2 hours ago, scandiman said:

What about pulling shacks out with a snow machine like so many others do at so many other lakes? Just a thought lol.

Well there ya go, problem solved.

Thefishleclair
20 hours ago, AB said:

Kaff,

Go ahead , here is an example of a proper ice road. 

The Gunnar road is a little one compared to some in the NWT and Yukon.  

Like I said  building an ice road is a science, and incredibly expensive to do it safely for both the constructors and travelers.  

AB

built ice roads for years. plow truck and go for most part. Starting early on snow removal is key. 

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

forkhorn

As the old saying goes…. ‘Only one that doesn’t know how to grade the rd is the grader operator’…. Still applies today(circa 99’)

Everyone always has the answer, when there not involved. 

One thing Gary had back in the day was help, a lot of people chipped in and did above and beyond to help each other… and they had a damn good time. from what I gather from these posts it’s not how it was back in the day. But people had each other’s backs 

and definitely not surprised there isn’t a ice rd this year… if you haven’t heard….. We had an usually warm January. Everyone one is struggling that works outdoors… and that’s what happens when you leave the city walls. 

• Like 1

Fishog

The way I see it from Shacks Landing post is some people  believe that they are entitled to the things they want and need, and they feel that you should provide it for them on demand. I don't believe when you pay for your storage fees does it say anywhere a ice road will be provided. Day trippers pay for access across private proberty to access lake frontage. There is a sign that says use at your own risk. 
Maybe buy the place if you think you can improve on it. 

• Like 2

Dirty Sanchenz
1 hour ago, Fishog said:

The way I see it from Shacks Landing post is some people  believe that they are entitled to the things they want and need, and they feel that you should provide it for them on demand. I don't believe when you pay for your storage fees does it say anywhere a ice road will be provided. Day trippers pay for access across private proberty to access lake frontage. There is a sign that says use at your own risk. 
Maybe buy the place if you think you can improve on it. 

Shacks Landing needs to put all services and rules into a written contact so its all clear. 

• Like 2

Fishog

No I am talking to the people who seem to have missed the point that Marjorie Wing wanted to make and that is they are doing the best that they can with the given weather and if the person leaving nasty messages wants more then go out and help. No where do they advertise Shacks landing ice road. Its advertised as Shacks Landing for storage. 

• Like 3

Dirty Sanchenz
45 minutes ago, Fishog said:

No I am talking to the people who seem to have missed the point that Marjorie Wing wanted to make and that is they are doing the best that they can with the given weather and if the person leaving nasty messages wants more then go out and help. No where do they advertise Shacks landing ice road. Its advertised as Shacks Landing for storage. 

Ok, I understand that.👍