• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

rceme74

Ammo Shortages

rceme74

It seems 410 ammo has become almost a thing of the past. I have scoured most major distributors and 410, especially 3 inch is absent from most inventories. I have been thinking seriously of reloading my own. I use about 10 boxes a season, so it maybe cheaper in the long run. My buddy and I reloaded most of our own ammo years ago when we were hunting together. 

Fishog

Funny I was just reading about the shortage of ammo and 410 was pretty much at the top of the list for shot gun shells for shortage. They clam it was never a high priority shell and with covid and then lots of new gun owners wanting a gun for protection they had a run on the ammo for it. Seems the gun of choice in the states is a 410 pistol. 

rceme74

I have been in contact with suppliers for reloading and they are just now getting supplies. I guess we'll be reloading these for some time to come. I read the same article and the US markets are having a difficult time stocking their shelves. We have enough used cases for 200 rounds. That'll have to get us over the hump. 

arvey
17 hours ago, rceme74 said:

It seems 410 ammo has become almost a thing of the past. I have scoured most major distributors and 410, especially 3 inch is absent from most inventories. I have been thinking seriously of reloading my own. I use about 10 boxes a season, so it maybe cheaper in the long run. My buddy and I reloaded most of our own ammo years ago when we were hunting together. 

Not sure if you already know but there's 2 sites i've seen 410 shells for sale on both are Canadian . Gun Post and Used Guns Canada hope this helps .

• Like 1

rceme74

Thanks for the info. I sent them both emails requesting ammo.