• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

speckmaster

Bait prices

speckmaster

I didn’t ice fish this year.  Has the price of bait gone up?  Any guesses if it will go up for the summer season?

PajamaSquirrel

We paid $7 dozen in Kakabeka for medium minnows 

Foozer

We paid the same for mediums, and $8 for med/lrg, $9 for lrg.

I think we paid $16 for suckers we used for lakers on Feb.

Pretty sure it was the same price points at Wiggley’s and in KB.

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

Zackcorbin1401

It hurts when you go in for a dozen suckers and some larger minnows for laker bait. I do understand the prices tho, gas prices high and bait trapping isn’t a guaranteed success. Im in the bait shop atleast once a week all year except spring when I trap my own in the spring I can save myself some money on the days when we burn through 10doz minnows. 

Snag???

&

Philip

Price is one thing but what really bugs me is paying to dollar for let’s say medium when they are clearly small or very small. That’s the gauging that hurts. 

Feldwebel Wolfenstool

...I've noticed big schools of minnows under the bridge on the Neebing River at Simpson/FW Road.  I might try throwing in a trap behind Home Depot.  Hey...I just wondered...why is Fort William Road in Port Arthur?

Zackcorbin1401
1 hour ago, Philip said:

Price is one thing but what really bugs me is paying to dollar for let’s say medium when they are clearly small or very small. That’s the gauging that hurts. 

When I used to work at the bait shop, mediums were done in a 18 grader , when trapping gets slim to none it dropped to a 17 size for SMediums and I’m pretty sure everything that fell through 17 was

considered small. Although any times this winter I picked up the 3 doz small deal from various bait shops and was impressed how many mediums were in them sometimes almost were all mediums.

• Like 1

FishinFinn
6 hours ago, Feldwebel Wolfenstool said:

...I've noticed big schools of minnows under the bridge on the Neebing River at Simpson/FW Road.  I might try throwing in a trap behind Home Depot.  Hey...I just wondered...why is Fort William Road in Port Arthur?

Squirrel! 

• Haha 2

Benji
On 4/11/2023 at 8:53 AM, Feldwebel Wolfenstool said:

why not throw a number 16 or so fly hook and fish ultralight for em?

Hammer60

Yep first post I know after all these years. Was fishing in Dryden the other wknd and stopped at Clark’s baits to look around. $6.75 for large minnows so I grabbed a couple doz. I’ve always been a med/large man but their med were $5.75. Can’t go wrong. I don’t get it but we’re stuck with prices here. Can’t wait for summer to throw a trap out. 

• Like 1