• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Gone8to1248

Ice Auger Input

Gone8to1248

Could ice fishing members with ice augers please PM me with the make (Brand) and model of the ice auger you have and possilbly tell me in what method the auger is attached to the power head? Is it bolted on or does it screw on? Also if you use or need an extension what length would you want to be able to find? Would a universal adapter be of interest to allow different augers be used with your powerhead. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gone8to1248

Bernie

Buck 120

LOL Terry

This is the one I have Jiffy Ice Drill 30, 10-in

http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/product_...fromSearch=true

Note they do go on sale in the $400's

I have a 12 inch extension.

Runs great.

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

eyelander

Could ice fishing members with ice augers please PM me with the make (Brand) and model of the ice auger you have and possilbly tell me in what method the auger is attached to the power head? Is it bolted on or does it screw on? Also if you use or need an extension what length would you want to be able to find? Would a universal adapter be of interest to allow different augers be used with your powerhead. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gone8to1248

Bernie

I own the Jiffy Lightning, 8 inch, with a 12" extension. Used to own a Jiffy Model 30, but didn't need that size of auger any more(10"). Rarely come across the need for that size of hole in my fishing pursuits now, so I sold it.

As far as attaching the auger to the power head, they (Jiffy) come with a tack welded in nut(which usually breaks loose) as I found out with my former auger, and the newer 8 inch version.

And on such an occasion, I found out that the hitch pin for my sleigh fit perfectly, and never looked back.

See my post in the tips and tricks section?

http://fishingboard.thunderbayfishing.com/...amp;#entry12658

I cannot comment on Eskimo , Strikemaster, or any other brand, I have only owned Jiffy power augers.

It would be nice if my auger had a drill that would fit it for drilling 6" holes, but its not an absolute necessity, since where that would be used, I probably couldn't carry it in anyways.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance