• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
poz

Whitefish Snow

poz

Th I making of walking in up whitefish area next week. Anyone know how much snow s up that way? Thanks

TerJr

I was up Boreal Road, sort of on the way. Still quite a bit of snow up in the mountains. Not unworkable, but you’d want your winter boots. Also drove down Cedar Sites Road because I remembered an old trout pond / lake, quite a bit there too. And there’s a barrier now on the lake road. 

Zackcorbin1401

I live Mabye 10 mins from whitefish, still snow in the bush. If you were talking about the rainbow lakes that you need to go through private property to get to yes they are gated now, have to come in the back side.

Colep123
41 minutes ago, Zackcorbin1401 said:

I live Mabye 10 mins from whitefish, still snow in the bush. If you were talking about the rainbow lakes that you need to go through private property to get to yes they are gated now, have to come in the back side.

Is pothole still accessible?😫 

Zackcorbin1401
4 minutes ago, Colep123 said:

Is pothole still accessible?😫 

Yes definitely! If you are into catching 11” rainbows 🤣 It’s right off the road

Colep123
39 minutes ago, Zackcorbin1401 said:

Yes definitely! If you are into catching 11” rainbows 🤣 It’s right off the road

That’s the ice fishing honey hole though 

Zackcorbin1401
10 minutes ago, Colep123 said:

That’s the ice fishing honey hole though 

It’s definitely fun and I’m guilty of fishing there way to often because it’s so close to home… I never eat them out of there I really don’t think they taste good at all.

Colep123
3 hours ago, Zackcorbin1401 said:

It’s definitely fun and I’m guilty of fishing there way to often because it’s so close to home… I never eat them out of there I really don’t think they taste good at all.

Yea made the mistake of trying a stocked splake from lost lake in Dorian before, maybe if I was starving🤷‍♀️

Fishog

Ever thought of using your fish that don't taste good for pickled rainbow fish? I use pike for that and it comes out just like canned salmon. Just a thought. 

Zackcorbin1401
2 hours ago, Fishog said:

Ever thought of using your fish that don't taste good for pickled rainbow fish? I use pike for that and it comes out just like canned salmon. Just a thought. 

I’ve never tried it but Mabye I should

hunt or be hunted

I put my stocked in the smoker or make salt fish  the fin way for any lakes I know the fish taste isn’t the freshest for quality eating ! 

• Like 1