• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

twisty

Mac/neebing floodway?

twisty

Anything in there this time of year? Seems to be some nice weed beds around intercity, worth a shot in the summer?

RLK

Use to work around there and seen many people catching pike from shore and from kayaks.

TerJr

I caught my first big pike there just a couple weeks ago. Somewhere around 7 or 8lbs. First time fishing that spot. I started at the bridge, walked down to the lake and back. 

Zackcorbin1401

I’ve talked with guys coming in on canoe recently and they caught some walleyes and some BIG perch in there… but mostly people catch pike in there… especially from shore.

brookiebuster

This time of year you’ll get mainly pike. Spring time you can get rainbows mixed in.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

twisty
On 7/4/2023 at 12:25 PM, Zackcorbin1401 said:

I’ve talked with guys coming in on canoe recently and they caught some walleyes and some BIG perch in there… but mostly people catch pike in there… especially from shore.

Mostly at the mouth or do they go pretty far up?

Zackcorbin1401

I am not sure, I would assume they moved around quite a bit if they had a canoe.

Snag???

&

Feldwebel Wolfenstool

I've graphed huge amounts of fish, Mid-June, right near the canoe club off Syndicate and the silver bird campground on the Kam, downtown.  Later on, they seem to like hanging around in the final 400m. of the Kam, McKellar, and Mission Rivers, before they enter the Lake...also off the concrete wall, under the power line upstream of the Jacknife Bridge and the construction company's yard...

Snag???

&

Zackcorbin1401
On 7/7/2023 at 10:11 AM, Snag??? said:

Kinda curious now as it’s been a long time since floodway has been dredged. Guessing mostly flat sediment filled bottom until you get closer to the lake. With waves crashing in one may find that transition could be why fish hang closer to the lake. Sure there’s a big change in water temps, make for interesting situation when like now mayfly hatch all walleye in ignace at moment full of them. Wish I was more of a scientist when comes to things like that is it water temps, amount daylight hours or barametric pressure nature knows and we don’t.  Just like the three white swans I seen flying north in March while ice fishing. Crazy stuff.

So many mayflys in ignace last weekend! Patches 20x20ft on the water of dead ones.