• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

themoose

Current River mouth/mountdale boat launch

themoose

Hi there - recently got the itch get back out there and fish. Been doing research on this site and elsewhere to get a handle on some shore fishing spots.

The current river mouth (fishermans road boat launch docks) was pointed out to me as a decent spot. Tried last night just to get out there and had fun (no catches). Have heard there can be Walleye among other things lingering in the area. Was wondering for this time of year and as the weather gets colder what I can expect for species etc.. also curious if anyone has tried fishing from the other end of the river mouth (the so called secondary fishermans park) just before the grain elevators.

The Kam river mountdale Ave boat launch was another spot. From shore casting what's the most common thing to expect?

And help in terms of advice on tackle, time of day etc. On these spots would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks.

brookiebuster

This time of the year I find the walleye bite is best at dawn or dusk and into the night. There’s a small run of chinook salmon that will start trickling in anytime from now until early September . Beginning of September through the month you’ll see lots of pink salmon throughout the lower current river. On the west side of fisherman’s park I’ve caught pike, carp, walleye and bass. If there’s good flows later in the fall you could also run into some rainbows.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

PkdR

Was at fisherman’s park a couple days ago with the little guy and managed 2 fair size bass off the last cement dock. Was just using a jig and grub. It was middle of the day. But yeah, dust or dawn I assume would be great. 

TerJr

My advice for Fisherman's park would be to throw spoons or a slip bobber and worm / leech. Try both sides. Bobber will keep you out of the debris. Kam from shore for me is always hit or miss for me, but you've got odds of walleye, pike, perch, bass, suckers. I usually just use a plastic swimbait or twister and lob it out, hit bottom, slight twitch up, repeat. Try to feel carefully to anticipate possible snags.  

themoose
14 hours ago, brookiebuster said:

This time of the year I find the walleye bite is best at dawn or dusk and into the night. There’s a small run of chinook salmon that will start trickling in anytime from now until early September . Beginning of September through the month you’ll see lots of pink salmon throughout the lower current river. On the west side of fisherman’s park I’ve caught pike, carp, walleye and bass. If there’s good flows later in the fall you could also run into some rainbows.

That makes sense. I only had an hour to go around 7pm the other day so I'll have to give it a shot a little later in the evening sounds like. Good to know there's odds of some salmon/trout though too potentially this fall. Thanks!

themoose
46 minutes ago, TerJr said:

My advice for Fisherman's park would be to throw spoons or a slip bobber and worm / leech. Try both sides. Bobber will keep you out of the debris. Kam from shore for me is always hit or miss for me, but you've got odds of walleye, pike, perch, bass, suckers. I usually just use a plastic swimbait or twister and lob it out, hit bottom, slight twitch up, repeat. Try to feel carefully to anticipate possible snags.  

Caught a small pike from the mountdale boat launch last night on a Willaims gold/silver spoon actually!

Gonna have to give fishermans park another go a little later in the evening maybe with some live bait. Tried a jig/mister twister off the bottom and definitely felt the debris so the bobber route seems like a good idea. Thanks!

themoose
12 hours ago, PkdR said:

Was at fisherman’s park a couple days ago with the little guy and managed 2 fair size bass off the last cement dock. Was just using a jig and grub. It was middle of the day. But yeah, dust or dawn I assume would be great. 

That the last dock to the left of the boat launch or the one closest to the river mouth? Nice success either way!

PkdR
2 hours ago, themoose said:

That the last dock to the left of the boat launch or the one closest to the river mouth? Nice success either way!

The dock closest to the river.. and yeah it was good hour or so ! 

Snag???