• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
OldWalter

Dorion Cut off

OldWalter

Is Dorian Cut Off drivable by truck? If so how are the snow conditions up there(enough to run a sled on the trails)?

tia

OldWalter

I found answers elsewhere. Here is what I’ve been told for those interested: Dorion Cut Off is plowed and sanded for Forest operations and there isn’t enough snow yet to run a sled on the side trails.

Zackcorbin1401
1 hour ago, OldWalter said:

I found answers elsewhere. Here is what I’ve been told for those interested: Dorion Cut Off is plowed and sanded for Forest operations and there isn’t enough snow yet to run a sled on the side trails.

Any snow is enough snow!

• Like 1

Big Guy

I was going to say the same thing.  I have been up that way riding a bit.  Not great on the machine but one of the benefits of the fan cooled setup.  As long as I have enough for the sliders, I can always replace carbides easily lol

Zackcorbin1401
35 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

I was going to say the same thing.  I have been up that way riding a bit.  Not great on the machine but one of the benefits of the fan cooled setup.  As long as I have enough for the sliders, I can always replace carbides easily lol

I’ve got 2-300km on the sled this year so far… also liquid cooled no issues… I have tried to overheat it and I can’t.

OldWalter
2 hours ago, Zackcorbin1401 said:

Any snow is enough snow!

Ahhh, lol, my sled has been a princess so far.  The trail into sigh can be a little rocky in spots. 

BASS ASSASSIN

Dorion Cutoff plowed from 527 to Black Sturgeon Rd. Anders rd also plowed. Not sure how far up though. 

plenty of snow on side trails for sleds. Been running ‘22 exspy xtreme without any problems. 

• Like 1

OldWalter
On 1/29/2024 at 6:15 PM, BASS ASSASSIN said:

Dorion Cutoff plowed from 527 to Black Sturgeon Rd. Anders rd also plowed. Not sure how far up though. 

plenty of snow on side trails for sleds. Been running ‘22 exspy xtreme without any problems. 

Thanks for the info…hopefully the current snow levels stick around 

Big Guy

I was on Cavern lake 2 weekends ago and there was a surprising amount of snow on both the trail in and on the lake.  The cutoff road was nicely plowed from the hatchery side only up to cavern lake road but lots of vehicle tracks past that point.  

scandiman
1 hour ago, Big Guy said:

I was on Cavern lake 2 weekends ago and there was a surprising amount of snow on both the trail in and on the lake.  The cutoff road was nicely plowed from the hatchery side only up to cavern lake road but lots of vehicle tracks past that point.  

The majority of the tracks are from the homeowners who have property adjacent to the lake.  They keep a portion of that road way cleared for their vehicles to and from their home.

Big Guy
56 minutes ago, scandiman said:

The majority of the tracks are from the homeowners who have property adjacent to the lake.  They keep a portion of that road way cleared for their vehicles to and from their home.

Yeah they actually have the road cleared pretty well right into their property and then there were side by side or ATV tracks into the lake as well.