• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

seppi

In the news!!!

Gone8to1248

Kids do not require a fishing licence until they are 18. When fishing with kids they are allowed to keep one limit.

Roger how does one interpret that? Does that mean one limit for everyone (5) fish or each person gets thier own limit. Meanning if you and your son are out in your boat you can only come back with 5 fish yet if your in the boat fishing and your son is standing on the dock fishing and because he doesn't need a license he can keep 5 fish and you can keep 5 fish also? You can see how some of this stuff is worded to create some real Grey Area and confuse people at the same time. I'll bet the full regulations can't be carried around because the book would be to big yet you can carry the summary around inyour pocket. The little book that they print to confuses the hell out of you at times. LOL

Just for the record I thinkyour C.O.'s are very friendly and courtious up there. I have had to runins with them and both times were very fair. 1st time was for coming out from bear hunting at night with a loaded gun that was cased ( $50 Fine) they didn't take the guns because we explainned we had to cross a portage that had a bear working it and had hit our boat the night before and the fact that the guns were cased. the 2nd time was for camping with out a permit on Crown Land. everyone in the group thought I was legal because I was camping with Canadians including the resort owner that I had asked about needing a permit before I went out. The officer was nice enough to explain the rules to us all and allowed me to purchase a permit to cover the days I had been there and to cover the future days I was going to be there. I believe the fine could have been $500 a day for every day I had camped there. The Officers were fair in both cases.

Some Old Guy

Well.............Wanna get more confused?

Ok. My kid is allowed his own limit. If he can operate his own rod on his own he can keep a limit and I can keep mine. For walleye that would be 4 fish. One over 18.1 inches and three under, each.

For Americans I think it's a little different but I am not sure. I would have to look into it.

I took a bit of heat for this one on another message board.

If you are fishing in a treaty area with a native and it's his treaty area I'm allowed my limit. My buddy is allowed unlimited. You are fishing in the same boat and get stopped by a CO. How would the CO determine my limit from the native I was fishing with?

My opinion is if he's in my boat we keep the limits that I am alloted and it keeps the questions and searches to a minimum from the CO.

There is many questions that I get asked from the reg book. I am no official on these things but I look into them quite a bit and offer my OPINION on them. I could be wrong though.

I stated this because I wish no back lash upon myself....... from someone else.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Gone8to1248

Thanks Roger! You can see how some of this stuff can get very confusing and laws get broken by accident. As Big Moose said in an earlier post " with the shortage of C.O.'s then everyone has to do the policing out there to a point. And this board gives us Non-Residents a place to ask questions from the guys up there on regulations so that we don't go out and break them.

Guest Big Moose

Well.............Wanna get more confused?

Ok. My kid is allowed his own limit. If he can operate his own rod on his own he can keep a limit and I can keep mine. For walleye that would be 4 fish. One over 18.1 inches and three under, each.

For Americans I think it's a little different but I am not sure. I would have to look into it.

I took a bit of heat for this one on another message board.

If you are fishing in a treaty area with a native and it's his treaty area I'm allowed my limit. My buddy is allowed unlimited. You are fishing in the same boat and get stopped by a CO. How would the CO determine my limit from the native I was fishing with?

My opinion is if he's in my boat we keep the limits that I am alloted and it keeps the questions and searches to a minimum from the CO.

There is many questions that I get asked from the reg book. I am no official on these things but I look into them quite a bit and offer my OPINION on them. I could be wrong though.

I stated this because I wish no back lash upon myself....... from someone else.

Roger

It was not my intention to cause you any grief sorry if any comes from that I just meant that you knew the regs. better that I.

Some Old Guy

Hey Big Moose!

Ididn't take it that way at all bud!

I just know that this message board gets read alot, not that many members but it gets many views and I didn't want someone to take my opinion as law and tell a CO well I read it here on the internet, if you get my meaning.

No grief taken!

Roger

Guest Big Moose

AHHH I see where your coming from now.People should check into the laws where they are fishing and they wouldn't have these problems.Although even calling the local MNR office can sometimes bring confusion because even they don't have the answers sometimes.Damned if yah do and damned if yah don't.

crisop

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

grumpy

I have checked into this befor. If you are fishing with your kids they are allowed to fish under your license and keep a limit. If your kids are fishing without you they need to purchase a license.

Some Old Guy

Hello Grumpy.

You may want to check into kids fishing on their own. 18 and under, 65 or older, and people with disabilities (diagnosed with birth certificate or one of those handicapped parking things you put on your dash) do not require a licence.

Roger

grumpy

Hello Grumpy.

You may want to check into kids fishing on their own. 18 and under, 65 or older, and people with disabilities (diagnosed with birth certificate or one of those handicapped parking things you put on your dash) do not require a licence.

Roger

I just checked you are right. The rules a very very confusing.

Some Old Guy

Now this I had to check on also. What if an adult with a disability needs help reeling or casting from a support worker. Does the support worker need a licence?

See if you can find the answer to that one.

Roger

Guest Big Moose

This is a good question my wife took care of a handycapped man for about five years and I took him fishing all the time I never really thought about that before we were safe as I always buy my licence right away.But it is something to look into for sure

NWO Fishing Bum

There should be no confusion about children . . . if you're under 18 and you're a resident of Ontario, you don't need a license, plain and simple!! It doesn't matter who you are or aren't fishing with, or how many people you are with, or anything else. I spent most of my summers as a child fishing on my own, day after day...great life! And now I spend my summers fishing, day after day...still a great life (and now I get paid to do it, even better)!

NWO Fishign Bum