• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Gone8to1248

Wild Turkeys!!!!

Gone8to1248

Siting here this mornning having coffee and watching all the wild turkeys eating all the bird and squirrell food thats laying in the yard. Right now there are 8 big Toms strutting around with about 70 hens. The Toms all have thier tails fanned out as it is getting close to mateing time again. most of these birds are within 15-30 foot of my windows and some are so close you could reach out and grab them. There was a group of them in the yard yesterday and my cat wa up by the upper garage and when he tried to come down to the house to eat the whole bunch of turkeys chased him all the way to the door until they saw me standing there. I can just guess what they were all thinking at the time. "Here Kitty Kitty Kitty! " I think the cat was running for his life the way he ran through the door and into the kitchen.

Guest kingjames_2nd
Siting here this mornning having coffee and watching all the wild turkeys eating all the bird and squirrell food thats laying in the yard. Right now there are 8 big Toms strutting around with about 70 hens. The Toms all have thier tails fanned out as it is getting close to mateing time again. most of these birds are within 15-30 foot of my windows and some are so close you could reach out and grab them. There was a group of them in the yard yesterday and my cat wa up by the upper garage and when he tried to come down to the house to eat the whole bunch of turkeys chased him all the way to the door until they saw me standing there. I can just guess what they were all thinking at the time. "Here Kitty Kitty Kitty! " I think the cat was running for his life the way he ran through the door and into the kitchen.

You watch out!

I used to work on a free range wild turkey farm and those birds are nothing to be scoffed at. When they get angrey they'll bite and they bite hard!